Gibson Brands Forums

Pelham Blue 339

Peter Zed

Sweet! I hadn't seen that. I just checked GuitarCenter's website - they have it (also in Inverness Green). No pics, but it's $2915, and they say it's available at the end of March.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Custom-ES-339-Electric-Guitar-423590-i1515766.gc

I like the color, but not for an additional $1k. Are there any other differences? Curious to see what the green looks like.

• 2 weeks later...
Alto Music in Middletown NY.

They had an ES-137 in Inverness Green there' date=' very nice color too![/quote']

Hey weeladdie! That was the day before I bought my CS-336 at the same store. [cool] Alto's has a

great selection.

Alto Music in Middletown NY.

They had an ES-137 in Inverness Green there' date=' very nice color too![/quote']

I thought this guitar was exclusive to Guitar Center/Musician's Friend. No? If it's being sold through other stores, shouldn't it be listed on Gibson's website? They have no ES-339s in their product section, just videos/news on the site.

Well I played one and agree that it sounded fantastic acoustically and plugged in. I see them here at independant dealers and we don't have GC. The Pelham blue model is $2700 compared to $2075 for the Vintage burst and I can't find any difference other than the colour. This makes me suspicious as to the claim that there are only 100 made for worldwide distribution in the Pelham blue. I hope that the 339 is not going to be discontinued as I'm getting one as soon as I can probably in Vintage burst. It's difficult to justify the difference in price if only for the colour, investment wise if you tried to sell it in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh...Alto music - I haunt the Wappingers Falls one (my niece works there - yay!!) though I have been through Middletown store on occasion - what a selection!.

WF store has a beautiful ES-339Curly I ALMOST bought - supposedly "Indy Only", I ended up with a CS-336 though.

• 2 months later...

Archived