Gibson Brands Forums

MUHAHAHAHA

swleary

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Megadeth and I hope (insert guitar magazine title here) does a big issue on Rust in Peace like they did for "Master of Puppets." But seriously, have you heard "Risk?" There was nothing salvagable on that one.

And don't say "Load" and "Reload" was Metallica selling out, cuz that is BS. Selling out would have been doing what fans wanted them to do and following all their stupid f-ing rules on what "metal" is supposed to sound/look like. Sorry, I LOVE heavy metal more than any music out there, I just f-ing hate the most of the people who listen to it. I hear the stupidest crap come from their mouths. I'll get off my high horse now.

I love Megadeth and I hope (insert guitar magazine title here) does a big issue on Rust in Peace like they did for "Master of Puppets." But seriously' date=' have you heard "Risk?" There was nothing salvagable on that one.

And don't say "Load" and "Reload" was Metallica selling out, cuz that is BS. Selling out would have been doing what fans wanted them to do and following all their stupid f-ing rules on what "metal" is supposed to sound/look like. Sorry, I LOVE heavy metal more than any music out there, I just f-ing hate the most of the people who listen to it. I hear the stupidest crap come from their mouths. I'll get off my high horse now.[/quote']

I dont say Load and Reload are sellouts i just think they suck. [-(

Plain and simple.

And i do love old metallica.

Metallica? Puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeassssssssssse. Kill Em All wasn't too bad (um, thanks Dave Mustaine?), and 'The Prince' & 'Breadfan' were good covers, but the rest is kinda lame. I lost any respect I had for Metallica when they came out with 'Enter Sandman' and everything after that. Megadeth has been far, far better over the years.

Load & Reload WERE sellouts ... everything with Bob Rock was. They came to him with a copy of Motley Crue's Dr. Feelgood, which BR did & put Crue on top bigtime, and Metallica crawled to BR & said to him, "we want THAT."

With 'Death Magnetic' they wanted to play thrash again, and didn't even know how anymore. Pathetic. They had been playing garbage ballads for so long. That's why DM is a ProTools mashup of disjointed bits and pieces.

They had Pushead (& got him back) AND a totally f'n sweet Zorlac back in the day though, I'll give em that.

Metallica? Puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeassssssssssse. Kill Em All wasn't too bad (um' date=' thanks Dave Mustaine?), and 'The Prince' & 'Breadfan' were good covers, but the rest is kinda lame. I lost any respect I had for Metallica when they came out with 'Enter Sandman' and everything after that. Megadeth has been far, far better over the years.

Load & Reload WERE sellouts ... [u']everything[/u] with Bob Rock was. They came to him with a copy of Motley Crue's Dr. Feelgood, which BR did & put Crue on top bigtime, and Metallica crawled to BR & said to him, "we want THAT."

With 'Death Magnetic' they wanted to play thrash again, and didn't even know how anymore. Pathetic. They had been playing garbage ballads for so long. That's why DM is a ProTools mashup of disjointed bits and pieces.

They had Pushead (& got him back) AND a totally f'n sweet Zorlac back in the day though, I'll give em that.

are magadeth as important as metallica at the moment? the fans say NO! mustaine and the boys will never have the metallica success that they crave...admit defeat mustaine!

are magadeth as important as metallica at the moment? the fans say NO! mustaine and the boys will never have the metallica success that they crave...admit defeat mustaine!

The Beatles may be the most popular band in history. But I think they suck. Same for Metallica. 'Success' does not mean quality or genius. In fact, success often results from mediocrity. Who says anybody is important anyway? That's crazy talk.

The Beatles may be the most popular band in history. But I think they suck. Same for Metallica. 'Success' does not mean quality or genius. In fact' date=' success often results from mediocrity. Who says anybody is important anyway? That's crazy talk.[/quote']

just your opinion though eh? :)

Since we're in the war-path and taking sides here:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0k8holIGTU[/YOUTUBE]

Listening to James Hetfield signing live though is really nice... It makes me believe that even I can become a pro-singer. Honestly, there are times that I believe the only really good reason for anyone to listen to Metallica, is Kirk Hammett. Damn, I love this guy! And if James and Lars had not kept him in such a short lease all those years, they would have benefitted so much out of his playing... But they chose to go country rock or something... Thank God they had the sence to return with Death Magnetic, which is one of their best works so far...

Hm, the talk is taking different directions as well. From my point of view, the most ''IMPORTANT'' bands in the history of metal are / were:

1. Black Sabbath

2. Iron Maiden

3. Dream Theater

And as far as technically challenging live performance is concerned, I don't think that ANYONE on the planet can top these guys:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Importan info: The set-list of each live concert, is determined a couple hours before the concert, from the drummer, Mike Portnoy.

That was an awesome video. I was never that much into Metallica but you have to admit they are tight as tight can be. I used to work with Robert Turjillo before he was in Mateallica and even before he was in The Infectious Grooves... He always was one of the nicest guys I knew, hard worker, professional and dedicated and it doesn't seem like any of that has changed..

Metal? I just don't 'get it?'

[smile]

Seriously though? Metallica aren't into music...they are into the music BUSINESS....working with Bob Rock (yeah that's a stage name surely) says it all...

I cringe everytime I watch that documentary where they are looking for new bass players..wtf!! Go work in a bank!!

Sorry Metallica fans.....

[biggrin]

Seriously though? Metallica aren't into music...they are into the music BUSINESS....working with Bob Rock (yeah that's a stage name surely) says it all...

I cringe everytime I watch that documentary where they are looking for new bass players..wtf!! Go work in a bank!!

Sorry Metallica fans.....

Interesting , but you watched the video........

Interesting ' date=' but you watched the video........

[/quote']

I didn't watch any of the video's posted here...

I watched the documentary out of disbelief that a 'Band' could be so corporate....

Lars is a whinging maggot....sorry.

[biggrin]

Ok so your band needs a new bass player.... Lets see now what do we do.... How about hold auditions and pick the best one? No that would be to much like looking for someone to fill a job. Lets just wait till one falls out of a tree...[biggrin] Get a grip BoyVader...[biggrin]

I didn't watch any of the video's posted here...

I watched the documentary out of disbelief that a 'Band' could be so corporate....

Lars is a whinging maggot....sorry.

Everybody whines once in a while lol........If Metallica were only in it for the money' date=' then why would they keep doing it..think about it..the Love. I'm sure they have enough money to just give up and live a peaceful life but they don't...they keep going...Hope they stay around for another 20 years.

I understand your point though and it's a great point but please try to understand my point too...that's all [biggrin

Ok so your band needs a new bass player.... Lets see now what do we do.... How about hold auditions and pick the best one? No that would be to much like looking for someone to fill a job. Lets just wait till one falls out of a tree...[biggrin] Get a grip BoyVader...[biggrin]

Yeah...hold an audition...but don't film it to sell on DVD later though...and have corporate style meetings to discuss the best 'option' ...that just smack's of 'Business'...

or go with the tree thing....[biggrin]

Archived