Gibson Brands Forums

So how was your day?

dem00n

My day was good' date=' i found all my Sodom CD's.

Also got next week off. [cool

You?

woke up with a bit of a hangover, recovered enough to play guitar for a while then drove my les paul down to my brother because were going into the rehersal studio tomorrow night for a jam session and dont wanna carry it on the bus (i'll be drinking while in the studio) that's the reason for the bus :-&, just listening to some uk garage tunes on the hifi at the moment while on the pc [cool]

Shaking, panicking and sweating bullets right now because my top choice college (Hamilton) is posting admission notifications online today.

After being rejected from University of Chicago, I don't think I could handle more bad news.

But, I do have next week off, so I guess there's a silver lining.

Great day' date=' I probably won't have a free day for the rest of my life tho. Enjoy your free time while you still have it Dem00n.[/quote']

Dont say that t-god, you will have much free time in your life.

Dont forget retirement! [cool]

After being rejected from University of Chicago' date=' I don't think I could handle more bad news.

[/quote']

If it's any consolation UofC is geek city. Trust me, I used to hang with a bunch of late nineties grads.

btw my wife just called and said she can't pick me up. [lol] Guess I'll take the train like every other day.

Well I put an amp on Craigslist yesterday and got offered a ridiculously awesome strat for it, but the guy had it up for sale for SUPER cheap, so I've been on the computer all day hoping and praying he didn't sell it before he got my email. AHHH.

Well I put an amp on Craigslist yesterday and got offered a ridi****usly awesome strat for it' date=' but the guy had it up for sale for SUPER cheap, so I've been on the computer all day hoping and praying he didn't sell it before he got my email. AHHH.[/quote']

good luck with that mate [biggrin]

If it's any consolation UofC is geek city. Trust me' date=' I used to hang with a bunch of late nineties grads.[/quote']

That is some consolation, thanks, but UofC wasn't really at the top of my list. It's just the rejection that hurt so much, and that scares me into thinking that I could get rejected from another school.

What I need to keep reminding (telling/convincing/indoctrinating) myself of is that UofC is insanely selective and very competitive, and that after four years there I'd probably know so little about the real world (sunshine, fresh air, etc.) that the only place I'd really feel safe would be school--and off to school I'd go again, to get my Master's, putting myself even further into debt, and so on and so forth, only to come out of it a pretentious, arrogant schmuck.

Not to say that higher education makes you a "pretentious, arrogant schmuck," of course. Also, I'll probably end up pursuing a Master's after my Bachelor's, anyway. By the time I'm out of school, I'll probably need it just to stay employable.

Well I put an amp on Craigslist yesterday and got offered a ridi****usly awesome strat for it' date=' but the guy had it up for sale for SUPER cheap, so I've been on the computer all day hoping and praying he didn't sell it before he got my email. AHHH.[/quote']

Great idea...I have an old Line 6 SPider II 2x12...maybe i will throw it up on CL and see if I can't get a decent trade for a new geetar....

We shall see I s'pose.

Archived