Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone on the forum want to commit to writing a song in the next 3 months????

onewilyfool

OK....here are the "rules"

Song written and recorded and uploaded to the Gibson website by June 21st.....first day of summer???? How does that sit with people? If that is too soon.....I thought America's birthday or July 4 would be a good date too, but many will be busy, so that is why I went with the first date. Any Genre, any length.......Submit written words and taped version for the rest of the group to enjoy. Does this sound good? I'm sure that there are those in the forum here who can advise us on copyright, etc., for those wishing to protect their work. Any other suggestions????? I find when people commit to the project it helps, also when we are doing it, perhaps some of the "pros" can help us out if we get stuck?????? So, if interested, add your name to the list (I'll start it with my name):

Onewilyfool

OK....here are the "rules"

Song written and recorded and uploaded to the Gibson website by June 21st.....first day of summer???? How does that sit with people? If that is too soon.....I thought America's birthday or July 4 would be a good date too' date=' but many will be busy, so that is why I went with the first date. Any Genre, any length.......Submit written words and taped version for the rest of the group to enjoy. Does this sound good? I'm sure that there are those in the forum here who can advise us on copyright, etc., for those wishing to protect their work. Any other suggestions????? I find when people commit to the project it helps, also when we are doing it, perhaps some of the "pros" can help us out if we get stuck?????? So, if interested, add your name to the list (I'll start it with my name):

Onewilyfool[/quote']

Great plan Wily. I've been hoping to get a cover or two uploaded (as inspired by your goodself) for sometime. So why not write a song as well.

I'm in.

The copyright issue is very important. Remember this is a public forum. The laws in the US will be different to Canada, UK and the rest of the world so perhaps it should be acknowledged that each participant joins in at their own risk from this pov.

When I was at Uni, it was generally accepted that if you sent yourself a tape in the post and kept it unopened (with a date stamp) that would do the trick. There must be some more modern but simple techniques too. Get googling, unless you live in China of course.

Count me in ! [cool] Wiley let me know which guitar I should use to help write this ? Actually I may have 3 new guitars by the time this is done ! :-

LOL....there are SOOOOO many for you to choose from. I'm actually going to use a little parlor to write it.....then decide which guitar to use....for the best sound, just easier that way

I already have got a real country "weeper" written but not yet recorded so count me in-should it it go to UTube or how else should it be presented to the Forum? Suggestions please

Moose

My dear old Moose!

Well bless your cotton socks!!

A "country weeper"already written and you are anxious to go public?

You have more guts than me, hats off to you!

Perhaps it should go straight to the top of the Hit Parade?

or maybe straight to DVD?

(LOL)

All best and well done

Sir Johnt:

With an inspirational mentor like you-who needs OBama care?

Question: Could you round me up a back up choir from one of your lessor known

cathedrals? This song demands the proper setting for the deeply spiritual

message it imparts.

Moose

P.S. If your Fred likes to howl in unison to a beat-I might audition him for a doggy blues break between versus.

How is everyone else doin' on this? I have a rough draft of the lyrics out and am trying to work out the finger picking. Has anyone had inspiration for this project strike them?

Yes, I have the first chord. (G, or maybe C, or D.........I'm learning some more!)

I have 2 gigs next weekend so I'll be devoting some proper time to this after that.

Albertjohn......can you upload some video of your gigs? I'd like to hear your stuff!!

Wily. I have never recorded myself and if I did it would doubtless make me sell the guitars and take up collecting bank note serial numbers or something - not that there's anything wrong with collecting bank note serial numbers, you understand.

It's a horrible thought but something I have been considering. In fact I have been downloading 10 years worth of kids videos onto dvd recently (No not that!) from the mini digital tapes so it's possible. The quality will be pretty poor though. I know you have recently recorded yourself which was very impressive.

My mate Robbie has a great studio so I may try it out there soon.

As for the gigs, my contributions are best quickly forgotten and not for the sober.

So is this thing on? We doin' it?

I had an idea and a melody come to me the other day. It's not my usual style' date=' so I'm afraid it'll come out all goofy, but I guess I'm gonna give 'er a try. [/quote']

My thoughts exactly. I've not made a start yet but I'm determined to give it a go. Never written anything original in my life.

Wily, I think you suggested we upload our efforts by the end of June?

Gonna need some help on that too.

Archived