Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone on the forum want to commit to writing a song in the next 3 months????

onewilyfool

I've been putting this off for years. I think I'm finally ready to pen a song. I was HOPING that some of you in the forum, would agree to jump on the wagon, and pen your own. Let's choose a date, and by that date, we will have written and recorded a new song, that we can share with the rest of the forum. I feel a lot of support in this group, and it could be fun and a great way to encourage each other to go beyond our limitations and get creative? Should we have a theme? A genre (folk, blues, country???)? What is a good date to aim for? Let me know if any of you are interested. NOTE: This would NOT be a contest (PLEASE) just a way to join in and encourage each other to try something new and exciting. Any takers???? Wily

I couldn't write a song on the song-writin-est day of my life with an electrified song writin' machine.

And if I did' date=' it would probably be dirty.[/quote']

Ksdaddy....THAT is precisely why you should try. It could be fun, write a love song to your Mrs. There may even be brownie points for that one.....lol

what's the approach?

ohhh....that would make a good title for a song Cunk....of course if KSD is helping you will have to come up with lines that rhyme with "from the rear" [biggrin][lol] :-

Heck....I will give 'er a go. I had an idea a few months ago and the piece of paper has been sitting on my music table untouched ever since ....maybe this will get me motivated to attempt my first composition.

Well....maybe we could set up a poll....I don't really know how. BUT I'm open to a blues theme or a Country theme? Any takers???? OR' date=' we could just say write any song , any genre, etc. Let's see if we can get some consensus????[/quote']

I will be lucky to write anything decent so I am not sure I could also restrict myself to a single genre ...but if that is the rules ...

I mean blues or country or folk would be good.....

how about you (OWF) start with a line, order the participants and the next guy on the list is responsible for the next line. dont worry about genre, just write as many 4-line verses as we can, going in order. if and when a theme evolves, we'll try to formulate a chorus based on the content of the verse. each guy can take a whack at writing music, record it in any pc/mac friendly way and post it to you tube etc....

Hell yeah!

I'm all for this. Love it. I might write a song about the sainted Mothership that is Gibson...that could make for a great country song. "I don't know whether to throw hands/or reach for the tissues/when the UMGF keeps carpin' about quality control issues..."

in a seriousness, I would love to be a part of this.

how about you (OWF) start with a line' date=' order the participants and the next guy on the list is responsible for the next line. dont worry about genre, just write as many 4-line verses as we can, going in order. if and when a theme evolves, we'll try to formulate a chorus based on the content of the verse. each guy can take a whack at writing music, record it in any pc/mac friendly way and post it to you tube etc....[/quote']

I am in for this idea

I am half way through a rock country opera based upon tourism in the Cotswolds, specifically Bourton on the Water, at the moment but can make time to write a line or two.

C'mon Wily whats the first line?

How about

Precious elbows caress my inner being........

John t.....rather than do a round robin type of song with everyone writing a line of a song, I was hoping that all of us could write our own song and then share it. Right now, I am leaning towards folk or country for my first attempt.......wish me luck!!!

John t.....rather than do a round robin type of song with everyone writing a line of a song' date=' I was hoping that all of us could write our own song and then share it. Right now, I am leaning towards folk or country for my first attempt.......wish me luck!!![/quote']

Why can't we do both?

I will comitt to writing s serious ( attempt) just thought the round robin would give us a much needed laugh

Hell yeah!

I'm all for this. Love it. I might write a song about the sainted Mothership that is Gibson...that could make for a great country song. "I don't know whether to throw hands/or reach for the tissues/when the UMGF keeps carpin' about quality control issues..."

in a seriousness' date=' I would love to be a part of this.[/quote']

Great line right there [cool]

I've been putting this off for years. I think I'm finally ready to pen a song. I was HOPING that some of you in the forum' date=' would agree to jump on the wagon, and pen your own. Let's choose a date, and by that date, we will have written and recorded a new song, that we can share with the rest of the forum. I feel a lot of support in this group, and it could be fun and a great way to encourage each other to go beyond our limitations and get creative? Should we have a theme? A genre (folk, blues, country???)? What is a good date to aim for? Let me know if any of you are interested. NOTE: This would NOT be a contest (PLEASE) just a way to join in and encourage each other to try something new and exciting. Any takers???? Wily

keep me posted

[/quote']

Archived