Gibson Brands Forums

i just can't let her go...

S t e v e

as i said in another thread i'm gassing for a new guitar and "was" gonna sell my ibanez RG770DX re-issue, but this morning i changed her strings, gave her a polish and played her for a while...and fell in love again [cool], i'll have to find another way to fund my new guitar purchase #-o.

any of you guys got any new pics of your girls if so please post em! :-

say hi to (ruby) [confused]

002tqc.jpg

011guq.jpg

006ahb.jpg

008hi.jpg

010owx.jpg

003cc.jpg

"Ruby" is real pretty' date=' Steve.

I noticed that you've got the stock pups in there. How are they?[/quote']

those are dimarzio...no need for change [biggrin], seriously they sound fantastic! (guitarest) has the same model...lovely guitar :-

beautiful guitar steve!

you inspired me to go clean up my old "baby". I bought this RG in '89 or so, and while many guitars have come and gone, this one's been a constant.

here are some pics.

RG1.JPG

RG2.JPG

RG3.JPG

RG4.JPG

pretty good shape for 20+ years old..

cheers,

Don

that looks alot like the current S series

It's an RG 540 SLTD. i found this old catalog picture online...

s.jpg

This catalog is dated 1990, so i guess i am off on the year a bit. where has the time gone?

cheers,

Don

I've had a bad time with Super Strats. I bought a new Charvel Model 4 for £580 in 1988 (which was almost twice the cost of a USA Strat back then). It was my prize guitar, however, after a few years the neck twisted of it's own accord and I sold it last year still in mint condition for £50 ($80). I kick myself about it regularly and wish I'd bought a regular Strat or Gibson.

Super Strats must die.[cool]

On a number of occasions I have considered selling my MIJ Jackson Kelly. I quickly changed my mind after I bought my new cabinet this past November. That guitar is completely stock and sounds amazing through my half stack. I recently changed the strings and plugged it in again and just can't bare to let it go. My wife thinks it's pretty and wants me to keep it for that reason only. I just don't play it much anymore. Although it has served me well over the last 11 years. Pix are in other threads some where.

Archived