Gibson Brands Forums

CSN&Y good clip-check out Crosby's guitar...

jaxson50

Yeah, what IS that Archtop 12-string, he's playing? I Googled every heading I could think of, and only

got the images, below...but, no description, of what make, model, or year, on that 12-String. Gibson

did make a limited run (20), of "Byrdland" 12-strings, in the mid-late 70's...but, these photos, and the

YouTube video clip above, was in 1969! ???

csny-69-aug-sia.jpg

csny-2-minus-nash1.jpg

CB

Well, those weren't made, until 1976....and they had Gibson on the headstock. Crosby's has inlays, but no brand name,

so I'm wondering if it was "Custom made," for him? Interesting little "mystery!" Be fun to see, if anyone really does

know, what maker, model, and year, it is. Inquisitive minds, want to know... ;>)

CB

Looks Guild-esque

Well, I think it must be a "Special Made" version...??? It does have a body shape,

very similar to a Guild "Contessa," but the pickguard, and neck inlays seem more

Gibson like. Does kinda look similar to an Epi "Joe Pass," but has a switch on the

cutaway section. Maybe Gibson made him a special "one of a kind?" But, they

(surely) wouldn't have missed an opportunity, to put their "Gibson" brand on it...

for "PR" reasons, if nothing else? Unless Crosby forbid it...for a price?! Who knows? ;>b

CB

Archived