Gibson Brands Forums

My New(used) Les Paul Deluxe

truetone6

How's the neck?

Pretty skinny?

I actually like 'em that way.

I have a 2007 Goldtop Deluxe' date=' Guitar Of The Week #8.[/quote']

The neck on mine is not too skinny,not too fat,just right. Do you have a photo of your Deluxe GT? I would love to see it.

Do you have a photo of your Deluxe GT? I would love to see it.

Yeah' date=' it has the '60 Slim Taper neck.

Unfortunately, it was defaced by a vandal with a Sharpie...

[img']http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2319/3537069493_c60dd7ea07.jpg[/img]

3537838290_d679ae81c2.jpg

3377602884_3db43a8d2f.jpg

Cool flame the full length of the neck.

Already getting some lacquer checking/cracking on the top near the knobs.

I'm thinking they busted the paint when they pushed the pots thru, and it's spreading now....

Not a fan of fake Mojo, or the aged/relic/VOS look, but I suppose I can live with natural wear.

Me?

Or TT6?

:)/

Yeah that is nice.

I was never a big fan of goldtops myself, I would have gladly gotten a burst like his if it were available.

I shopped used Deluxes for a couple years.

The deciding factor?

The new one was cheaper than any of the nicer originals, so I got the GT.

Oh, yours too Neo, but I was mainly commenting on the DLX. It's nice to see them unmolested. So many Deluxes were routed for full sized humbuckers. I'm not a big fan of irreversible "improvements". It's a wonder I survived the 70s, what with all the humbuckers going into the neck position of Teles, all the 60s custom color Strats being stripped and stained walnut.... and then everything in the 80s getting routed for Floyds.

One of the best LPs I ever owned was a 1970 cherry sunburst Deluxe that had been raped with THREE full size Dimarzios. It just begged to be played and any musical thought I had seemed to come out when I played that. I suck at guitar, I really do, but when I owned that LP in '86 I got together with a bunch of other no talent hacks and we'd make music. I played stuff on that LP that I didn't think possible with my brain and hands. It just came out.

In the spring of '87 I was horribly unemployed and was almost peeling the wallpaper off the walls to sell it for food. The LP went for $300.

Archived