Gibson Brands Forums

Apple

Californiaman

i-Mac

i-Phone

i-Pad

and now this:

Apple announced today that it has developed a breast implant that can store and play music. The iTit will cost from $499 to $699, depending on cup and speaker size. This is considered a major social breakthrough, because women are always complaining about men staring at their breasts and not listening to them.

I like it.

But I *$&@^$ hate Apple now.

6 weeks ago my daughter's ipod touch went through the wash. $229 gone.

4 weeks ago my other daughter spilled a drink on her mac laptop. Hasn't worked since. $1000 gone.

Last week I used a wet washcloth on my 3rd gen ipod. The wheel is brain dead. $50 gone (bought used).

When I think of Steve Jobs, I also think of Michael Moore, a hot sweaty August day, and teabags. Think about that.

I like it.

4 weeks ago my other daughter spilled a drink on her mac laptop. Hasn't worked since. $1000 gone.

Last week I used a wet washcloth on my 3rd gen ipod. The wheel is brain dead. $50 gone (bought used).

When I think of Steve Jobs' date=' I also think of Michael Moore, a hot sweaty August day, and teabags. Think about that.[/quote']

Was that post a joke? [thumbup]

I like it.

When I think of Steve Jobs' date=' I also think of Michael Moore, a hot sweaty August day, and teabags. Think about that.[/quote']

Damn, that's a drag. Seems like you should be hating on moisture though.. not Apple.

Have you tried claiming on your house insurance ksd? Might work?

Have you tried claiming on your house insurance ksd? Might work?

Nah. Daughter #2 got 1.5 years out of the ipod. "It" happens I guess. She didn't clean out her pants pocket, wife didn't check the pants pocket, it was a collaborative effort. I can get her a refurb right from Apple for about $135 so I'll just eat it. I can probably get a few bucks out of the busted one on ebay so that will help a little.

The mac laptop may or may not have been my fault. Daughter #1 spilled a drink, the laptop still worked but the keys stuck. I removed each key (correctly), washed them, then dipped a toothbrush in rubbing alcohol and briskly brushed over the keys little folding feet (whatever they're called). I immediately hit them with compressed air to get rid of the alcohol. After that it wouldn't even power up; not a blip, not a click, nothing. But I was nowhere near the power button. I hear horror stories of the motherboard being fried. I can't see how I did that much damage in five minutes. One guy told me I may not have made it worse, it may have been a delayed reaction to the initial spillage. In any case, I'm afraid to send it back to an apple store for monetary reasons.

As to my ipod, okay, there was a cigarette burn on the wheel. I took a damp washcloth and a little pumice to polish it off and I may have been too vigorous. It still works but doesn't always react to a touch. It's about 50/50.

So yeah, all of the aforementioned scenarios were due to neglect/abuse/ignorance, but geez, you'd think for what they charge for those things, they'd be a little more durable! Can you imagine spilling a beer on the neck joint of a Les Paul and the next day the neck pops off?

It's only money, screw it I guess.

After Christmas I spilled beer all over a Boss OS-2 pedal that I got from my grandparents, I dried it off with a sock, and it was fine, (wasn't plugged into anything) I knew then that me and him were going to be good friends for a long while. Also I sell electronics whos warranties are voided by water damage. Yeah it sucks but it's like saying "I paid 30,000$ for this car and all I did was drive it into a lake you'd think that'd be covered by factory warranty." I can sympathize but honestly I bet 90% of the people here have all had electronics cooked by water damage.

Interesting side note, if you can get the battery out of it asap your electronics have a slight chance of survival, but be careful, lithium batteries are highly reactive and if damaged, wet or pierced can burn or explode. Use your best descretion.

Archived