Gibson Brands Forums

amps...

bc45lespaul

You are 100% correct Guitarest - I was only doing a bit of gentle kidding - and yeah, we are definately not mad with the boy and oh yeah, any kind of Gibson is a fine thing to have at a young age.

I got my first job (helping out in a fruit and veg shop on saturdays - starting at about 7.00 am and earning the equivilent of $15 a day) when I was 14 to save up and buy my first guitar - a Kay Les Paul copy. Couldn't even afford an amp to begin with, so I got my Dad to make a lead that could plug it into a radio cassette player. 29 years later I have that guitar still (looks ok, but plays like crap) and would never part with it for any money. I also got my real black Les Paul, which sits next to it.

I have a young daughter now - my wife just bought me a Brian May Red Special and my little girl a Brian May mini version (basically a small travel guitar, that looks kinda the same) so she can learn to play with me...so I am all about encouraging the kids.

Anyway, lespaulbc45 - I won't make any more gags about you - and good luck getting to grips with your LP and with getting the right amp....

I hate to tell you' date=' but some folks would consider $3,400 to be slightly overpriced for a Studio - even a nice one....

[cool

This is the usual Studio price in Australia, and probably everywhere outside the USA as well.

gotta go to work now (luckily for more than $15 a day now) - but just wanted to say that I will be driving off with a big smile at the thought of Guitarest on stage with a Hello Kitty strat - that would be a hell of pic for your avatar!!

have a good day everyone,

Manse

See if you can get a used Fender combo' date=' 2X12. [/quote']

60 watt Fender Hot Rod DeVille, either 2x12 or 4x10 - used.

If you shop a little, and stretch your money a little, you can get a new one for $750.

Can't beat 'em for the money, I know lotsa guys who gig with them.

Hot Rod Deluxe is a 40 watt 1x12.

Blues Junior is a 15 watt 1x12.

Both are less expensive, but still the same basic powerhouse.

More speakers sounds more full and rich at lower volumes, but a 1x12 works fine.

Of course, you can get the same guitar in USA for $799 - which would be £523 in my british money - so I get to pay £177 ($270) extra for shipping, import duty and to account for exchange rates...I thought that was a lot until I heard what other non-USA customers have to pay.......

Not complaining now.....

Manse

You're 12 years old and you spent 3 and a half grand on a LP?!?! Damn' date=' just tell your parents to buy you a JCM2000 head and 1960A and 1960B speaker cabs!

Just kidding (kind of). Don't go with any Peavey in that price range lil homey. See if you can get a used Fender combo, 2X12. Especially if you have a nice guitar like that. Marshalls are awesome (maybe even the awesomest) but the problem is that anything you plug into it is gonna sound like a marshall. Get a fender and play around with it to pull out the subtle beautiful tones you can get from a nice Les Paul.

That's my advice.

Wait- are you in a band? Playing shows? You can get a nice little 15w Vox if you're just learning and you don't need to overpower some drums.

$3,400 on a LP at 12....shheeee-iitt. You're a lucky lil MFer.

My only other advice is sell your dirtbike and get a killer amp- if you break a wrist or elbow you'll be out of commission for BOTH the guitar and bike. Plus, guitarists/rockstars get waayy more girls. Trust me on this one.[/quote']

Thanks for the advice dude, but don't get me wrong, I paid for $1,500 on the guitar my self..... it took me three years! But it was worth it..... And which Fender do you suggest I get?? And no, I'm not in a band..

If the guitar in his avatar is the guitar he is speaking about I don't think

they are that expensive in Winston Georgia on US instate 35. Could you

post a pic of the 3500 guitar I'd like to see it.

CW

If the guitar in his avatar is the guitar he is speaking about I don't think

they are that expensive in Winston Georgia on US instate 35. Could you

post a pic of the 3500 guitar I'd like to see it.

CW

Ya I didn't mean to put the les paul studio faded, I have a les paul standard Desert Burst..

Maybe so but we need to be nice; he is only 12 (per his message). I knew this already by the way he was communicating within the thread and how he replied. All things considered I didn't get my first guitar until I was 16 and that was a high school graduation present and it damn sure was not a LP of any flavor. It was a Sear Silver tone SG copy that was 12 times worse than even Behringer guitars. I also got a Sears guitar amp at 6.5 watts and I was happy. Today kids (even my own) get stuff way to easily and don't respect it or what it cost their parents. Not saying this guy is that person but in general.

Al things considered I would be very proud of my Les Paul even if its a LP Fade; thats something that most of his friends don't have. Oh well you can come back from hiding there LP45c; were not made.

Although you do need to be a adult to post here and the terms and conditions on the website state that also; make sure the nexy time you post your with your mother or father so there is no further confusion as to what you have or what your asking about.

Thanks' date=' Guitarest... But don't get me wrong, I still paid for half of that guitar.... I use to play back in 06 but never really got into it. I had a piece of crap Washburn Bt-2, it was from a pawn shop and had a crack in the neck. [crying Then I took lessons at this place where the guitarest would get high, he would pass out in the middle of my lessons! So now I'm at a more formal place, I like it alot better. And I'm not a brat or anything.... My parents helped me get the guitar because I won a national (I've been racing for 9 years) And my parents got paid $5,000 from my sponsers. I spoke up a said I should get some of it, after all I am the one who did it.. And I already had $600 that I've been saving up for the guitar. So they helped me out.

Wondering about the fact that - if there's a simple question with A or B, in a few minutes are choices til Z³ ... xD

I would take the Peavey ... after my birthday I'll buy a Peavey Valve King 112 ... just a**-kicking [blink]

If you have the money, there is no better amp than a Diezel. I've got the Einstein 50W head and it's the most amazing sounding amp I've ever heard. It does everything from Jazz to Funk to Blues to Rock to Metal. I know it's expensive, but mine was worth every cent! It's got more balls and warmth than anything else. But that's just my opinion of course.

Good advice would be to test every amp that catches your eye (or ear). The more amps you test, the more you know what you want and what you don't want.

Good luck!

If you have the opportunity, I recommend you also try out some of the Orange range. There is a big range, starting with the Tiny Terror (I personally would not consider the Crush range) for home and small gigs up to the high end stacks.

For me, the tone and the way the TT works in harmony with my LP, inspires me to play more. I love the way you can go from clean (ish) to distortion, just by increasing the volume on your guitar and how hard you hit the strings. Sounds great with both my LP`s (VM & Standard) and Fender Strat, but I think the LP is the perfect match.

From what I have read and listened too, the high end Marshall`s are also a fantastic option, but the lower end of there range is not so hot.

Good luck with you search and try as many as you can, before spending your cash.

If you have the money' date=' there is no better amp than a Diezel. I've got the Einstein 50W head and it's the most amazing sounding amp I've ever heard. It does everything from Jazz to Funk to Blues to Rock to Metal. I know it's expensive, but mine was worth every cent! It's got more balls and warmth than anything else. But that's just my opinion of course.

Good advice would be to test every amp that catches your eye (or ear). The more amps you test, the more you know what you want and what you don't want.

Good luck![/quote']

His budget is 300 - 600 USD#-o

:)

But the problem is we have already spent $3' date='400.00 on a les paul. I saved up for almost half of it, and my parents spent the rest..... The problem is, I'm only twelve, so its not that easy for me to make money. My parents can't aford it because I race motocross also... So I'm on my own...[/quote']

I suggest you work hard on winning at motocross and get good enough to win some $$ then buy a nice amp.

Of the original two you mentioned I would go with whichever is an all tube amp. However, I don't own either brand (peavey or marshall). My tastes are completely different.

Archived