Gibson Brands Forums

Bet you never saw one of these. (caution could cause Tele GAS)

daveinspain

So I drive down to my Luthiers shop to give him my LP project guitar to hopefully finally get finished. It's about a 45 minute drive from Valencia. When I get there I rang the bell and Antonio answers the door with a Telecaster neck in his hands that's bolted on to a big block of wood and he is pealing masking tape off from in between the frets. Antonio notices my eyes are glued on what he is doing so he says I just re-fretted this telecaster. Then he goes on to say, I made this guitar for Graham Foster 19 years ago, it's a double cut away Telecaster... [blink]:-kGraham Foster is the "famous" blues guitar player in town, very well know and respected in Valencia. Anyway... As he was showing me the wonderful fret job and fingerboard repairs he did I'm thinking, double cutaway Tele...:-k So I ask a stupid question, "is the body of the guitar here?" He gives me that of course it is face so I asked if I could see it...

L1020401.jpg

I have never liked the look of a Telecaster but after seeing Graham's Tele I'm GASin' for one now... Here's some pics of Graham in action with the guitar..

85fotog.jpg

77fotog.jpg

71fotog.jpg

Archived