Gibson Brands Forums

Too old to wear band T-shirts?

MojoRedFoot

Yeah' date=' I like shirts like that too. Subdued imagery.

I have a Black Sabbath shirt like that, it's just the devil/angel logo. You have to look twice to see it, really cool.

Kind of looks like this but the shirt is darker and the image is blended in more.

[img']http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XRyDF3c2S-s/SkPDIRQ2iNI/AAAAAAAACxk/qIlOSvx4xaw/s400/FallenAngel.jpg[/img]

Yeah, that's how mine is. It's a pretty intricate Pen and Ink with lot's of detail. Skulls and Von Deutch and the like. But you can barely see it. The older the shirt gets the more pronounced the image gets.

I have a few band t-shirts and I am 41.

Coincidentally I was showing my Metallica/Guns n' Roses featuring Faith No More T-Shirt that I purchased on the September 4th 1992 to a friend of mine that happened to attend the same show in Houston, TX. That T-shirt still pretty new because I never cared for the fit, now is just a cool momento.

I am picky about how t-shirts fit me, I like the "soft tees" not the old school fit.

Hmmmmm....

1. Gee, you guys all are awfully young. <chortle> But the response on price tags making it "better be ok to wear to the grave" is absolutely right on.

2. ..... busy91

Welcome to the forums here.

If nobody else will extend the welcome, the old guy will... Hmmmm. What are these younger generations coming to.

<bigger chortlel>

m

I still wear Band Shirts and I assume I always will. And I have everything from Little Feat to Megadeth. My favorite is an Evanescence shirt' date=' 'cause it's Black writing on Dark Grey material. Very cool looking.[/quote']

do you like evanesence then? i realy like the "fallen" album but not too keen on "the open door" it's ok but just not as good as "fallen" imo #-o

do you like evanesence then? i realy like the "fallen" album but not too keen on "the open door" it's ok but just not as good as "fallen" imo :-

That's funny, I'm just the other way around. I like "The Open Door" better than Fallen, but I like 'em both a lot. I seen them live on thier Open Door tour at the Greek here in California. Amy Lee has the most Impressive Voice and pure Talent as a Musician, Songwriter and Entertainer. The show was fantastic and her voice was just as good live as it is on record.

I can't wait for some new material, it's been awhile. I guess you can't rush Art.

Hmmm....nope' date=' never heard that either. I wear band shirts all the time, no one ever bats an eye.

Oh and I have the nerve to be female. :- [/quote']

welcome to the forum...

I still wear and will always wear band t-shirts. Now that colored tees are easy to find they don't have to all be black or white. My Sonic Youth shirt is red and my Moog* shirt is orange.

Two things no one can tell me are to grow up or to turn my amp down.

*OK, it's not a band shirt, but close enough

Concert Shirts aren't just Black anymore, that's for sure. I have.....

Little Feat in Red (w/ Waiting For Columbus on the front.)

Little Feat in Blue/Grey

Eric Clapton in Brown

Heart in Brown

ZZ Top in red

EV in Grey

Of course I have more Black than Colored, but the choices are a lot broader than when I was a Kid.

Archived