Gibson Brands Forums

Ronnie James Dio Dies.

SHO

Seeing this and the other RIP post was a bit of a shock!

I was fortunate enough to catch the 'Rainbow Rising' tour in Edinburgh.

One of the great Rock vocalists for sure; he will be dearly missed.

One of the ironies of rock-n-roll was that Sabbath remained Sabbath without Ozzy because of Dio yet Ozzy remained Ozzy without Sabbath because of Ozzy. Rarely happens.

Saw Sabbath on the Heaven and Hell tour with Dio. Great concert.

Worst thing about stomach cancer is you're often at least stage 3 if not 4 before you even have symptoms. We just lost my mother-in-law to it. She had no clue there was even a problem until it was way too late.

RIP Ronnie.

I missed a chance to meet him in person once.

Back in 1989 I worked for an airline and a few friends and I flew out to L.A. on our off days. One of the guys we went with had friends out there who were working musicians. We actually stayed at thier place in Van Nuys. Anyway one of the dudes that we stayed with said he was doing studio work with RJ Dio. He even showed us his big house up in the hills. But me and another guy rented a car and drove down to San Diego the next day. Later I was told that I should have remained in L.A. because they all went into the studio with the guy (don't remember his name) to watch him and Dio recording and got to meet him. Said he was really friendly and cool and talked to them just like a regular guy. I always regretted that decision. San Diego sucked too #-o

Who's this DIO everyone talks about?

Well since you live under a bridge' date=' i'll give you a pass....

[YOUTUBE']

[/YOUTUBE]

Power metal pioneer.....fair?

RIP Ronnie....I said it before, but I hope you're soaring on the wings of a demon!!!!

Archived