Gibson Brands Forums

You guys and your freakin' SG Classics with P-90's...

Twiz

P90's are great for nice cleans on a hollowbody' date=' feedback like a ***** with any drive. Is the p94 a noise cancelling p90?

J[/quote']

If I'm not mistaken, and messed up a model number, they are humbucker sized p90s.

On hollowbodies, I have actually found (well playing around in guitar shops) an amount of drive that gives it some grit, but allows me to control feedback fairly well.

I want one real bad

heymisterk, you're not helping! Haha. Great vid. A couple years ago the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame had an exhibition about The Who. I got to see a bunch of Pete Townshend's SG's from back in the day. It was pretty awesome.

heymisterk' date=' you're not helping! Haha. Great vid. A couple years ago the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame had an exhibition about The Who. I got to see a bunch of Pete Townshend's SG's from back in the day. It was pretty awesome.[/quote']

A used SG Classic is a relative bargain for a Gibbie. I paid $725 for mine used with a hardshell case off of eBay. I upgraded the tuners to Grovers - don't like the plastic knobs - and replaced the "Classic" truss rod cover with a blank, white outlined one.

I have seen that display at the R&R Hall...amazing.

I haven't yet found a Classic that felt right with me. They all seem to have very wide necks/ fretboards. I played my friends last night and it was pretty mediocre.

I'm not talking down on the model. I think they're awesome and I love p90s but all of the ones that I've played didn't play well. I even plugged a couple in and I wasn't impressed. I really want to like them but so far I haven't been satisfied.

My next guitar will be a TV yellow double cut LP Special. I'm a big p90 fan.

BluesGuitar' date=' that was fun to watch. I was surprised by how much bite those Tex Mex pick-ups had; really made the Strat come alive. Did it come standard with those pick-ups?[/quote']

Yes, the road worn strats come stock with the tex mex pickups. I think they are fantastic pickups, probably the best sounding sngle coil pickups made in Mexico. I actually like them much better than the American made texas specials.

The way they are priced' date=' I might get one just for the hell of it[/quote']

Do it man!!! Hell, GC is having thier memorial day weekend sale and you may just score at a great deal. I got mine a year ago for $799 with the gigbag from guitar center.

Archived