Gibson Brands Forums

New iPhone4

jimmiJAMM

Forgive my ignorance but what is ios? Iphone operating system?

Sorry, yes. An entirely new system. Forgive my enthusiasm but I've been anxiously awaiting this new model and the suspense has been killing me. :-k

Sorry' date=' yes. An entirely new system. Forgive my enthusiasm but I've been anxiously awaiting this new model and the suspense has been killing me. :-k

[/quote']

Nothing to forgive - I am a Mac fanatic. Now I need to sell (or trade in if possible) my 3G and do what I always do - get the newest Apple even if I don't need it. Don't have the ipad yet though.

As far as I know, the iPhone 4 isn't a 4G phone. Fourth generation iPhone, yes, but not fourth generation wireless.

That said, I was hoping Steve's "One more thing" was going to be announcing the end to exclusivity. If they announced an LTE version for Verizon Wireless, I would pay retail to get one. Well, as soon as LTE goes live in the area. I love my Pre Plus, but it's still not exactly what I want.

I really hope one of the features on the new Iphone is the ability to make a actual phone call :-k

The Iphone itself is nice hardware but the service is poor at best I probably lose service on 25% of my calls. AT&T says it depends on your area and that rural coverage isn't always the best. Rural coverage my butt since when is Phoenix rural it's about as urban as you get with over 3.5 million people which is when they shrug and say yeah but have you seen this game...

Ah the downfall of america cell phones and the cell stores with Beavis and Butthead as employee's I miss the old day's more and more between the incessant e-mails, answering machines, secretaries and now cell phones were all expected to be available 24-7 if you compare salaries and the hours people are available most employee's probably barely clear minimum wage...

The kids just ditched their iPhones after two years in favor of the HTC Evo 4G...

I still just want a phone with a dial on it.

Ha ha ha.......I just wish I could get the classic ring sound on my basic LG. The sound of a 70's rotory dial phone

coming from a cell I would like. Old and new together.

I've got a 3gs. I find it's the best gadget I've ever had apart from you tube freezes all the time. Do u have problems with you tube on wi fi in USA?

Haven't noticed any problems with it over here. This new baby gives you the ability to record HD 720 video and then edit it directly on the device using iMovie software. And the screen resolution is 326 pixels per square inch. That's simply f*in amazing!

http://www.appolicious.com/tech/articles/2063-first-look-and-feel-of-the-iphone-4

My iPhone 3Gs is the most practical & versatile communication tool I've ever had...never had any problems with YouTube images...but I did once had a problem with 'Mail' when I wasn't able to open this app. so my mailbox kinda exploded almost...[cool]

Archived