Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone one the LPF reported:

"Fuller's Vintage Guitar in Houston, TX had two hanging on the wall. The one I played was honey burst (I think). I think the other one was black, but the sales lady said it did not sound quite as good as the burst one I played. This was a week ago."

Wait!

"ALL FIVE FINISHES ARE NOW SOLD OUT!" ?

I still see the Black' date='White and Cherryburst" for sale online.

[/quote']

Just because Gibson is sold out (all guitars ordered), doesn't mean all the dealers are :- .

And I never would have seen it either, if not for Riverside's post above mine. Thanks man!

There is a rumor that Gibson may have to build the tribute 50s in China to make the shipping date. It would be from the epiphone factory in China. Is this true? could this be a possibility? After all, was it specified this guitar would be made in USA?

There is a rumor that Gibson may have to build the tribute 50s in China to make the shipping date. It would be from the epiphone factory in China. Is this true? could this be a possibility? After all' date=' was it specified this guitar would be made in USA?[/quote']

no way never its just a rumor

no way never its just a rumor

I dunno, but if gibson is pressured enough, they may have to do something drastic to make the shipment. If shipment is delayed too far long enough, customers would be canceling orders and dealers will be pretty upset for lost sales and pressuring Gibson to deliver. Gibson deciding to make the tribute in the Epiphone factory in China maybe a strong possibility in this case. It will not say Epiphone on the headstock of course, but since in the specs of the 50s tribute les Paul studio, it does not say it is made or will be made in the USA. Think about.

I dunno' date=' but if gibson is pressured enough, they may have to do something drastic to make the shipment. If shipment is delayed too far long enough, customers would be canceling orders and dealers will be pretty upset for lost sales and pressuring Gibson to deliver. Gibson deciding to make the tribute in the Epiphone factory in China maybe a strong possibility in this case. It will not say Epiphone on the headstock of course, but since in the specs of the 50s tribute les Paul studio, it does not say it is made or will be made in the USA. Think about.[/quote']

You wanna see PO'd Customers and canceled orders, try shipping a foreign made instrument to those who thought they were buying an American made product. Waiting is fine if nec. MIC is NOT. If I want an Epiphone, I'll buy an Epiphone (by any other name... and there's nothing wrong with them, but...).

Besides, they could have every order cancelled and still sell these out again in two weeks flat. They already have waiting lists for far more Gold Tops than it sounds like will be produced.

I don't buy this rumor for one second. And while we're on the subject, this is the only place I've seen it. Where did you see/hear the rumor? (A rumor is generally no better than it's source, and usually not even as good [biggrin] ). I don't think so.

You wanna see PO'd Customers and canceled orders' date=' try shipping a foreign made instrument to those who thought they were buying an American made product. Waiting is fine if nec. MIC is NOT. If I want an Epiphone, I'll buy an Epiphone (by any other name... and there's nothing wrong with them, but...).

Besides, they could have every order cancelled and still sell these out again in two weeks flat. They already have waiting lists for far more Gold Tops than it sounds like will be produced.

I don't buy this rumor for one second. And while we're on the subject, this is the only place I've seen it. Where did you see/hear the rumor? (A rumor is generally no better than it's source, and usually not even as good [biggrin ). I don't think so.

I hope you a right, as I would be pissed off as well, ordered two gold tops. I got the rumor from my local guitar center rep which he claim heard the rumor from the one of guitar center distribution partner for gibson.

There is a rumor that Gibson may have to build the tribute 50s in China to make the shipping date. It would be from the epiphone factory in China. Is this true? could this be a possibility? After all' date=' was it specified this guitar would be made in USA?[/quote']

Wowser...who makes up this stuff...!!! if thats the case I might as well go buy this for half the price now...!!

397862.jpg

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I dunno, but if gibson is pressured enough, they may have to do something drastic to make the shipment." There is only one Gibson and they know it. They also know the brand loyalty that they command as evidenced by their prices. Gibson will not have to do anything.

Although a ridiculous example, Gibson could say that they changed their minds and that they will not be producing anymore 50's tributes period. Their sales may take a slight hit in the short term due to angry customers, but in the end they would just keep on making anything they want to make and we would just keep on buying what they make simply because we love their products.

There are many high quality knock offs available but there is still no substitute for a genuine Gibson guitar. Believe me they are well aware of this fact. Of course customer satisfaction is important but when you make an iconic product such as the Gibson Les Paul you have control of your target market if for no other reason than that there really is no substitute.

"I dunno' date=' but if gibson is pressured enough, they may have to do something drastic to make the shipment." There is only one Gibson and they know it. They also know the brand loyalty that they command as evidenced by their prices. Gibson will not have to do anything.

Although a ridi****us example, Gibson could say that they changed their minds and that they will not be producing anymore 50's tributes period. Their sales may take a slight hit in the short term due to angry customers, but in the end they would just keep on making anything they want to make and we would just keep on buying what they make simply because we love their products.

There are many high quality knock offs available but there is still no substitute for a genuine Gibson guitar. Believe me they are well aware of this fact. Of course customer satisfaction is important but when you make an iconic product such as the Gibson Les Paul you have control of your target market if for no other reason than that there really is no substitute.[/quote']

If that were their choice, so be it. I'd prefer that to them producing a "special run" in China (which I wouldn't buy). I'd either buy another new or used Gibson, or go buy another Fender (made in the USA, like all my Fender Guitars, we have a choice there).

Archived