Gibson Brands Forums

Unicycling

Kimbabig

Hey everyone, I'm kind of new here and need to make lots of random posts so I decided I'd post about my uni's. I started riding one about a year back and have become quite good at it. I was wondering if you guys ride any or if you're just ride your wimpy bicycles.

P1040462.jpg

It took two months in my basement going back and forth trying to hang on to things, I eventually went out on the road, theres basically no traffic where I live, our town is about 300 people (and you thought you lived in a small town) and eventually I got the hang of it. It's not that hard once you get going. Plus it attracts more girls than a guitar :-$

I prefer the four wheels of my "wimpy" car compared to the awesome chick magnet of unicycles thanks; I'm just weird like that.

BTW how do you get all the girls on there to take them home? Or do they just form a line-up behind you like mice pied-piper style?[blush]

[bored]

Check out the Santa Cruz Jump Jam:

Last weekend, San Jose filmer Chris McMahon attended the Santa Cruz Jump Jam, which has become a part of the Amgen Tour of California and put together this edit for us. The Amgen Tour is the largest cycling event in America and is a Tour de France type of road race. The company Amgen is a cancer prevention foundation that supports and puts on the tour. In conjunction with their efforts, the city of Santa Cruz join forces by adding BMX in to the mix with the Santa Cruz Jump Jam. All in all, it was big success and went towards a great cause. Here's what Chris had to say about the event.

"As part of the festivities for the Amgen Tour of California coming through town, the city of Santa Cruz threw a jump jam at the Fun spot bike park, located at the Depot Park. Billed as an invitational event, three-dozen riders entered the contest with about a dozen making it through to finals.

Although no Santa Cruz locals participated in the contest, riders were on hand from throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and in the case of Ben Voyles and Bryant Shepherd, Idaho. Ballots were passed throughout the crowd during finals and after Andrew Lang, Jason Lopez, and Cameron Birdwell were voted to first, second, and third place. The gathered riders voted on best trick, awarding it to Cameron Birdwell, who came through with an epic superman seat grab peg grab." -Chris McMahon

http://espn.go.com/action/bmx/blog/_/post/5259796h2?page=4

In retaliation to something that wasn't even aimed to be offensive to me and was purely informative' date=' I counter the JumpJam with Unicon.[/quote']

Not "offensive"...I just thought you were bumping up your post count..... tryin' to keep things interesting. I don't ride a uni....but then I'm too old to ride a bicycle now too!

Haven't been on one since college. I don't think I was ever very good on one, was more of a skateboarder and biker.

LOVE to watch the unicycle challenges they have on G4, though. There are some mighty skilled riders out there!

When I was in college I got the idea of buying one of the ugly Stella 12s of the day and refinishing it from a kid who carried two guitars riding his "Ike" to the local music store to teach the instrument.

Of course, that was some 8,000 years ago. <grin>

I did enuf crazy stuff without one.

m

Maybe when you grow up you could be a clown - can't think of many other reasons to ride a unicycle but good for you.

No thanks. It isn't just riding it's a sport. People can do some amazing stuff on them. Do all guitarists play guitar to be famous? No, same here, it's a passion we share.

Archived