Gibson Brands Forums

What pedals do you use?

Sproggie

I now own a 335... 1999... ebony. 57 classic Pups.

and I installed a Bigsby B7 on her last night.... its better than sex now.

I run into a DS-1, to a Delay pedal, then into a VOX-VT30 set in AC15.

Gain @ 12 o'clock, reverb ALL THE way...

i'm happy. very

• 3 weeks later...

I second the use of the Fulltone OCD. Great overdrive pedal, roll back the guitar volume and the pedal responds by cleaning up nicely. Provides great natural sounding sustain. And you can use it simply as a tube driver by use of the volume control to overload the input signal of an amp or incorporate the drive control to bring in more of the distortion. Not to mention it doesn't cost you an arm or a leg. Handbuilt in California like a tank with true bypass. Very few come close at this price level, $130 out the door.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Pitch Black Tuner - BBE Orange Squash Compressor - BBE Green Screamer Overdrive - Digitech JamMan Looper - Whirlwind Channel Selector - (Fender Twin Reverb) or (Fender SCXD thru 1X12 cab)

Oh by the way. Unless you like nice clean white blank faced BBE pedals never try cleaning them with lacquer thinner.

IMG_0733.jpg

33542_1638173562168_1471628963_1594470_5084034_n.jpg

This is my final product...I gotta few other pedals, that I use off and on..but the ones on my board i consider the best...My signature provides all the pedals info....sorry for all the hair...got big *** shedding dogs running about.. [glare]

I like to have variety in clean and drive sounds so the end pedal is an A/B between a 'JC Clean' Roland Cube 80X and a Laney VC30 switchable between clean and drive. All preceded by Behr EQ as a boost, Muff Fuzz, Boss Comp, Behr short delay, Memory Man delay.....

As many permutations as you can shake a stick at :rolleyes:

:-({|=

Guitar, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss TU3 tuner, CS-1 compressor, CH-1 Chorus, Boss AB Switcher.

AB switcher straight to my Peavey VK-212.

AB switcher to Line6 POD XT, to Main In at the back of my 80s Roland JC120.

The reason for the POD into the back of the JC120 is due to the terrific amount of noise the Roland produces in its pre-amp section. Whining and white noise is somewhat proportionate to volume setting.

Power amp is absolutely silent.

This arrangement works extremely well as the Roland pre-amp section is therefore bypassed. POD XT becomes the pre-amp, and effects, all rolled up into one.

Does anyone here use that Gas Pedal that Joe Bonamassa uses, he says the guy is based out of Seattle, but the guy said that he is stopping production or something for now....

too bad....I would have certainly added that to my pedalboard. I can't remember his website though......

hi,

what model Gibson is the one pictured in your avatar? A Barney Kessel in Walnut??

hi guys and gals,

I'm new here but old otherwise [wink] been around since 1962 with this electric guitar weight-on-my-shoulders-thing...

my pedalboard is also old, from 1978 exactly, that's when I built it.

the newest pedal (from 2001) is the Dunlop Tremolo/Volume pedal left of the Mu-Tron Vol/Wah.

the Mu-Tron wah is a lot "wider" than the Vox wah-wah, more like an extreme "waarghh". I had a Clyde McCoy wah wah in 1967, (still have the Demo record that advertised it, dated Feb. 1967), but compared to the Mu-Tron, there's just no comparison. When you really wanna wah, the Mu-tron is it.

I have other effects but they don't fit in the board...and I don't like modern digital effects, they sound too thin, I'm used to the fat stuff from the '60's

Zurdo (Lefty)

post-26212-062713100 1286838822_thumb.jpg

photo-40.jpg

These are my pedals but I don't use them very often. I also have an MXR Classic Overdrive that's not in that picture.

As of lately, I only use the Classic Overdrive. I set the gain low and the output for a good boost. I usually leave the tone knob a little past noon.

When I jam with one of my friends, I'm too lazy to drag my Vox along with me. So I just bring my SG and Tele and my overdrive. He has an old Roland Blues Cube sitting in his studio. My overdrive makes that amp sound incredible. Otherwise it's into the ac30.

do I detect a lot of Vox amp owners here ?

I thought I was the only one still using old Vox amps...

I use a 1969 Series 90, same size as the original Royal Guardsman but with 90 watts and a Midax horn. These amps sound beautiful, very rich and musical. They were the last Vox amps made by Thomas Organ Co. in California.

post-26212-066057400 1286848726_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It actually depends all on the guitar. When i am playing a Gibson, or something like that ( PRS, Hamer, Heritage ), I generally try to avoid OD pedals. But when I am playing a suprstrat like guitar ( Jackson, Charvel, ESP etc ), or a Fender or something similar ( Nash, Shur, G&L ), I like Tube Screamers and things like that.

Archived