Gibson Brands Forums

Post your Strat!

Hthomas

Beautiful Strat, Bluesguitarist.....I kind of like the oversize headstock, 2 or 3 piece alder body (non veneered),

and the nitro-satin finish....How are the pickups ?? I hear they're similar to Tex Mex ???

I found a 2006 never gigged one for $400.00....I think I'll like the jumbo frets as well......

Strats are great guitars.. Half of my originals were recorded on the Strat, the rest Telecaster and Les Paul.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful Strat, Bluesguitarist.....I kind of like the oversize headstock, 2 or 3 piece alder body (non veneered),

and the nitro-satin finish....How are the pickups ?? I hear they're similar to Tex Mex ???

I found a 2006 never gigged one for $400.00....I think I'll like the jumbo frets as well......

Yea, these highway ones are pretty amazing. Its a three piece alder non veneered and I replaced the stock pickups with a set of Fender Custom Shop 69's which gives that hendrixy kinda tone. The stock pickups were hot Alnico IIIs that was wound hot and midrangy, but not as bright as the Tex Mex. They were a bit too hot for my taste. $400 isn't a bad deal, but check for fret wear.

• 2 weeks later...

I got another strat. Its a Fender American Special in Candy Apple Red wit Texas Special Pickups for that SRV tone.

pa040174.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2011-10-04

pa040171k.jpg

pa040170.jpg

pa040165.jpg

With my new R8 VOS Plaintop

pa050170.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2011-10-05

With my Fender Amercican Special Telecaster

pa040175.jpg

Here's a few

(pics clipped to save space)

nice nice nice HaydenBF !! & the "Alabama red dirt shirt" NAILED it !!! every stick of furniture/carpets we own are as close to that color as possible. (we're between Anniston & Piedmont)

here's my 3rd Strat, after a lil modding....

GarysCam247.jpg

'62 Strat, '63 Strat, '67 Tele. The '62 is refinished and the neck is oversprayed. All of the parts are original. The other two guitars are all original.

PB215247.jpg

Is that a gold bordered plag socket in the background. If so then...nice [thumbup][flapper][biggrin]

My complete rig - I used this because I think it's the best pick of my strat so far. My wife bought it for me a couple of weeks ago. It's an American Deluxe with Sunset Metallic finish. I know it's a bit blurry - I used my cellphone to take the pic. Hope to eventually get my camera out and take some really decent pics. :rolleyes:

myrig.jpg

Got the Gilmour electronics in with Vintage Noiseless. Like the DG tone controls but the EMGs were just too hot and lost too much classic Strat tone IMO.

Also, got rid of the offwhite pickguard that came on it for the tortoise. Liking this setup better.

124258191.jpg

I have that same guitar but with a different pick guard, Awesome guitar

2004438930100337768S500x500Q85.jpg

My '04 MIM Deluxe Players Strat, Bought in 2004. It served me well for about 6 years when the Pot Metal tremolo arm cavity stripped out and the inferior electronics began to deteriorate

2438569310100337768S500x500Q85.jpg

Changed out the guts and did a little Volume Bleed mod.

2580061870100337768S500x500Q85.jpg

Replaced trem with a Wilkerson with a Steel Block and staggered string holes. Huge tonal improvement.

2683542230100337768S500x500Q85.jpg

Now it sits with the strings hangin' because it has Horrendous fret buzz from the 6th fret to the 17th fret. I hopes it's loose frets, I fear it's a warped neck.

2711536770100337768S500x500Q85.jpg

Here's my MIA '88 Standard on the left. Came with the Kahler Spyder (FSR from Guitar Center, you won't find too many MIA Standard '88s with a Kahler, they're usually MIJ) I've had it 22 years all I had to do was change the pick ups, which went microphonic after about 17 years. MIA, only changed the pickups. MIM, Changed everything but the pickups.

The guitar on the right was a barely used '95 Nighthawk I got from Ebay in 2004, it's been my main Axe☺ for 7 years. Haven't touched it's innards and the frets are sound, but I tend to polish it a lot.

love the nighthawk. such a different sound for Gibson. I find it's a very overlooked instrument. I think the only band I've ever seen with this guitar was Wide Mouth Mason, a Canadian band from around the mid to late 90's who'd become popular on the national level at the very least. Loved their sound.

If I'm not mistaken they're attempting a comback. I've been seeing their albums stocked in music stores lately...something I hadn't seen for years.

]

My '04 MIM Deluxe Players Strat, Bought in 2004. It served me well for about 6 years when the Pot Metal tremolo arm cavity stripped out and the inferior electronics began to deteriorate

2438569310100337768S500x500Q85.jpg

Changed out the guts and did a little Volume Bleed mod.

Wow.....who ever did the soldering job on your guitar really made a mess of it. I assume the person did not have proper training on soldering. Wire management is horrid as well. [unsure] [unsure]

Wow.....who ever did the soldering job on your guitar really made a mess of it. I assume the person did not have proper training on soldering. Wire management is horrid as well. [unsure] [unsure]

Well, it was my first try, but thanks for the input. Works great and sound fine.

Archived