Gibson Brands Forums

Zep III doesn't get enough respect

heymisterk

When Zeppelin fans talk about their favorite Zep album, it is almost never Led Zeppelin III. I don't understand why. To me, it's the quintessential Zep album: you have the monster riffs of "Immigrant Song" and "Out on the Tiles" and Page's stellar acoustic work - and alternate tunings - of "That's the Way" and "Bron Y Aur Stomp". "Celebration Day"'s frantic guitar work and great production make it an overlooked classic, much like the album it comes from. And great album cover art to boot!

Thoughts?

When Zeppelin fans talk about their favorite Zep album' date=' it is almost never Led Zeppelin III. I don't understand why. To me, it's the quintessential Zep album: you have the monster riffs of "Immigrant Song" and "Out on the Tiles" and Page's stellar acoustic work - and alternate tunings - of "That's the Way" and "Bron Y Aur Stomp". "Celebration Day"'s frantic guitar work and great production make it an overlooked classic, much like the album it comes from. And great album cover art to boot!

Thoughts?[/quote']

Amen my brother! [biggrin]

Zep III is my favorite while Presence is my second. I always preferred they're side B music.

Since I've Been Loving You off Zep III is about my all-time favorite Zep tune. It was apparently recorded "live" in the studio except for the solo was overdubbed. Listen close and you can hear Bonhams bass pedal squeeking, that's how pure the recording is. You can almost hear Page physically turn up the volume of his guitar to get more "umph" at the beggining too.

tbh i like led zep but there music never realy had an impact on me, the one song that does stand out is "black dog" that my guitar teacher taught me many years ago...the opening riff is cool but...how can i put it?...zep/page ain't my thing :)

Amen my brother! :)

Zep III is my favorite while Presence is my second. I always preferred they're side B music.

Me too. "Immigrant Song" is probably my least favorite song on the album. I really like the acoustic work' date=' but heaven forbid classic rock radio every play "That's The Way" instead of "Stairway"! [biggrin

Archived