Gibson Brands Forums

So Remembering Michael Gets the Lockdown Treatment

Californiaman

It was the tasteless replies' date=' man.

Class, apparently, is a vanishing resource.

Just sayin'.

[crying

Yup..

Whether you like them or not, or have some beef with/about them

Have respect for the dead.

RIP.

OK, here goes. See you guys in 5 days.

We have a long history in this country of turning a blind eye to the evils done by celebrities. We seem unable to disassociate our love for their talent from the deeds they do in their private lives. We also do so with our politicians and sports heroes (also celebrities more than anything else these days). I have children and I agree with the condemnation of the acts mentioned by others here.

Oh and to our moderators. A forum is a place for open discussion and debate. I understand the TOS associated with Gibson Forums. Perhaps a name change is in order.

I don't see why the thread was closed. I think some people are a little overly sensitive.

The name of the thread was "Remembering Michael". Well, some people remember his talent and influence on pop music.. and some remember what a freakshow he was. The guy became very odd, and was the source of a lot of controversy. You're never going to start an MJ thread without some crude comments or jokes.

I have tons of opinions on the guy.. just because he's dead doesn't change my opinion. I held my opinion back out of respect. I wouldn't expect everyone to though.

Whatever I guess... [cool]

OK' date=' here goes. See you guys in 5 days.

We have a long history in this country of turning a blind eye to the evils done by celebrities. We seem unable to disassociate our love for their talent from the deeds they do in their private lives. We also do so with our politicians and sports heroes (also celebrities more than anything else these days). I have children and I agree with the condemnation of the acts mentioned by others here.

Oh and to our moderators. A [b']forum[/b] is a place for open discussion and debate. I understand the TOS associated with Gibson Forums. Perhaps a name change is in order.

Well said.

Well lets not forget when August rolls around to remember when the King himself went into hiding - Elvis.

Oh and let's remember SRV in August too.

Hiding?

He's not hiding.

Space aliens from the planet Veta Nine in the star system Andromeda simply borrowed him for a while.

He'll be back. In fact, he comes back often enough, but remains low key (contractual obligations with the Veta's).

In the end' date=' Michael Jackson was never convicted of anything that I am aware of. Well, okay, he did sing "The Girl is Mine" with Paul McCartney...[/quote']

Man, when I was slammin ole Sir Paul for writing some real crap, I forgot about that one. Ouch! :-s

Edit: Sorry Paul, just Googled this and the song was written by Mr. Jackson.

Ken' date='

I can't comment on the US experience but it may simply be a matter of failing to secure a conviction, and if the accused is not convicted, that's pretty much the end of the story unless the complainant is able to obtain a civil remedy. I worked in the legal system in the 1980s when it was decided that corporate wrongdoers would face criminal rather than civil sanctions. These guys had top flight counsel, complex affairs and didn't leave much of a trail. It was very difficult to satisfy a jury of their guilt.

Oh and to our moderators. A forum is a place for open discussion and debate. I understand the TOS associated with Gibson Forums. Perhaps a name change is in order.

I see a forum like this one as more like somebody's living room than a public space. If we wish to visit, we need to follow the rules - which I have to say seem reasonable.

RN

Archived