Gibson Brands Forums

There's one Missing

tuneitfred

So I decided to take a "Family Portrait" but just like real family pictures theres always someone that can't make it. My SJ-200 was not included. It was not available for the shot. My current favorite out of the group is the LC-1 Cascade nice small size and it's as light as a potato chip! Weight wise I don't have another guitar that's anywere near as light as the Cascade.

thefamily.jpg

I guess I should go practice a bit right now.

Fred

The Cascade has a cedar top. It is very dark. They all sound good for sure. I like the maple body combination for a punchy mid range sound. The Gospel is a 1994 model with arched back and no back bracing and it's loud!!!!!

Fred

Just curious. You say "both" J-200 Juniors are 1997s. Did you mean "all three", (or am I missing something?) Beautiful photograph of beautiful guitars. Are they from the "Custom Shop"? What specs do they have?

Thanks,

Jack6849

Both of the red J-200 jr's are '97's the sunburst is an '01. The are J-185 shape with a long scale. Less ornamentation than a J-200. No neck or head stock binding. No custom shop guitars here. All are "regular" production. The Cascade in the Gibson line up was/is a real sleeper. The Gospel is also a great value, in my opinion, on a dread guitar.

Fred

Thanks for the info. I thought the J-200 Junior model had been discontinued by 1997. Do you know how long the model did last in "regular" production? I just received a new Vintage Sunburst J-200 Junior from the Custom Shop last week. I ordered it with an Adirondack top and binding on the neck and headstock, so it looks just like a scaled-down version of my Vintage Sunburst SJ-200 "True Vintage". I like it a lot.

Thanks again, great picture.

Jack6849

Both of the red J-200 jr's are '97's the sunburst is an '01. The are J-185 shape with a long scale. Less ornamentation than a J-200. No neck or head stock binding. No custom shop guitars here. All are "regular" production. The Cascade in the Gibson line up was/is a real sleeper. The Gospel is also a great value' date=' in my opinion, on a dread guitar.

Fred[/quote']

I like that 185, but what a weird thing having a J-200 pickguard on it.

Archived