Gibson Brands Forums

Port Wine

Bowdiddley

I exclusively drink beer now, but when I was in Belgium in '96 the relatives of the family I stayed with drank porto with a maraschino cherry in it. Not a bad pre dinner drink to have with some small plates.

INHO it makes all the difference. I like Port by itself but I love Port with a good cigar, actually I don't know whats better with a cigar Port or Cognac, either one puts a smile on my face.

ChanMan if you're ever down SC way look me up and we'll have a glass. There's your offer![smile]

I've always considered Port a very sweet brandy not wine. I make my own wines, Bordeaux, Roja, Barolo, Vieux Chateau DU Roi, and I'm a cork snob as well.

But when you have a good cigar next to it who cares!

There's a great restaurant in London where, in place of a dessert (I don't have a sweet tooth) you can have a round of Stilton with a dished centre which is then filled with Port. It's eaten with a spoon...

Mmmmm..........

...Pineau des Charentes...

Now that's something I don't get in my local Sainsburys!

My wife's from the Charentes Maritime Department (La Rochelle) and the variety of P.d.Charentes to be found there is astonishing!

Red or White - served chilled it makes a superb aperitif.

There's a great restaurant in London where' date=' in place of a dessert (I don't have a sweet tooth) you can have a round of Stilton with a dished centre which is then filled with Port. It's eaten with a spoon...

Mmmmm..........

Now that's something I don't get in my local Sainsburys!

My wife's from the Charentes Maritime [i']Department[/i] (La Rochelle) and the variety of P.d.Charentes to be found there is astonishing!

Red or White - served chilled it makes a superb aperitif.

Indeed pippy,the variety of PdC is huge and you've said it right : it makes a perfect apero! Did I mention it is based on cognac, ... probably your wife already did, ... some guys have all the luck :-k

Archived