Gibson Brands Forums

So I finally got a finish date on my PRS guitar order.

rocketman

For those of you who don't know, I've been waiting nearly 6 months now to get my 25th Anniversary PRS Custom 24. When I first ordered it (got from the famous HOG in Rochester) the PRS rep said it was going to take only 4-6 weeks, although the owner of the HOG did know better and warned me it would take a lot longer.

I did get frustrated about a month ago though and emailed PRS customer service. They actually responded in a few hours stating that it does take a long time because they want to get it right. I wasn't really upset about that (how could one be???), but I did let them have it about their customer rep not telling the HOG the "truth" on how long it would really take.

Today I found out that the guitar will be finished on July 9th and I'll get it the following week. I'm sure the wait will be worth it...

Sorry, but that sounds like a bunch of bull.

So, does that mean that every other PRS they've made since you order isn't "right"?

You do realize I've bought like five PRS guitars in the time it took for them to make your one. [cool]

Just sayin'...

Hope it's worth the wait and exceeds your expectations.

Thanks all!

Will there be an in-store reveal? I could make the trip.

Yes there will be. I'll let you know!

So' date=' does that mean that every other PRS they've made since you order isn't "right"?[/quote']

Nope not at all. In the past it would take a lot longer to get a new PRS (ask Neo). I've been checking out sweetwater and they just started getting their 25th anniversary models. I heard they are trying to get better in terms of getting their products out quicker. I'm not really upset at them' date=' because I know it'll be a sweet and flawless guitar. If the rep would have stated up front that it was going to take 6 months, then I would have been fine with it. I'm just upset at the rep...

Beat a 26 month wait for my 20th Anniversary Custom 24 Quilt top.....

I guess that would make it a 23rd Anniversary model??? Well, 6 months really isn't that bad. I'm back home now, but I had a blast in NM. Made a stop in Texas too (miss the old country!).

Archived