Gibson Brands Forums

You know you've got it bad.

TommyK

So we light out of the house with folding chairs in the van, headed to the kid's house for the 4th of July picinic. One block away, I spy a white sports car parked at the local watering hole. Not just any white sports car, a 1959 Cor Vette. Pony White, red interior, cherry. [biggrin] I crawl by, admiring the chrome, then make a left at the stop light. My wife glares at me [biggrin], "That's disgusting![biggrin] [biggrin]!"

"What?", I said,"you know I have a soft spot in my heart for Corvettes."

"That blow-up doll in the front, " she growls.

"Doll?" I said, "where?" [biggrin]

I honestly missed it. [biggrin]

I was on a group Harley ride to Milwaukee, WI (for a Harley-Davidson factory party), and a friend of mine's wife couldn't make the trip. Not wanting to ride alone, he strapped a blow-up doll on the back of his motorcycle. During the 800 mile roundtrip (and three days riding around Milwaukee) "she" created quite a stir.

Many years ago, when we were first married, my wife and I pulled up to a stoplight, sitting there waiting for the light to change. A blonde pulled up next to us in a little convertible sports car, and my wife said "Don't you dare look". Well, I thought she said, "Look at the derelict", so I was craning my neck looking for the derelict... which got me a punch in the arm!

Women will never understand that for some guys, toys come before *****es :-k

I remember an episode like that with an ex gf a while ago, only I was drooling over a nice gibson thunderbird bass, and she thought I was looking at the bass player (who was a hot female).

I remember an episode like that with an ex gf a while ago' date=' only I was drooling over a nice gibson thunderbird bass, and she thought I was looking at the bass player (who was a hot female).[/quote']

Sometimes it's hard to separate the two!

thumbs_49573_tal10pu0_122_637lo.jpg

So we light out of the house with folding chairs in the van' date=' headed to the kid's house for the 4th of July picinic. One block away, I spy a white sports car parked at the local watering hole. Not just any white sports car, a 1959 Cor Vette. Pony White, red interior, cherry. [drool'] I crawl by, admiring the chrome, then make a left at the stop light. My wife glares at me [angry], "That's disgusting![angry] [angry]!"

"What?", I said,"you know I have a soft spot in my heart for Corvettes."

"That blow-up doll in the front, " she growls.

"Doll?" I said, "where?" :-k

I honestly missed it. [blush]

Were the alcoves red? My grandmother had (car is still in the family, uncle got it when she passed away from ALS) a '58 vette that was white with red coves.

Were the alcoves red? My grandmother had (car is still in the family' date=' uncle got it when she passed away from ALS) a '58 vette that was white with red coves.[/quote']

"Alcoves"? You mean the dent in the doors? nope all white.

Archived