Gibson Brands Forums

Air Dusters

Artie Owl

This may be a silly question but I think in this case it's better to ask first. You know those cans of pressurized air used to clean dust from computers and components? Is it safe to use on a guitar to clean dust and debris out from under strings and hardware, where a normal cloth can't typically go?

Just be careful to keep the can upright - if the propellant comes out as a liquid' date=' it could screw up the finish on your guitar big-time.[/quote']

Okay...now I'm putting the "can-o-air" away.....(can you believe we go pay money for cans of air?)

Okay...now I'm putting the "can-o-air" away.....(can you believe we go pay money for cans of air?)

The help-desk idiots used to shake up cans of compressed air and shoot them at each other's "plumber's crack" (when presented) - holding the can upside down. Some of them got nasty blisters from the sub-zero temperature liquid that resulted.

It was funnier than hell hearing them trying to 'splain it to safety/HR...

The help-desk idiots used to shake up cans of compressed air and shoot them at each other's "plumber's crack" (when presented) - holding the can upside down. Some of them got nasty blisters from the sub-zero temperature liquid that resulted.

It was funnier than hell hearing them trying to 'splain it to safety/HR...

Talk about "polar" rhoids.

I don't think I would use it on my guitars. It is actually a compressed gas which under certain circumstances can be ignited. Cool if you are pulling a Jimmy Hendrix.

I even wonder if it would promote checking of the finish just because if sprayed for a few seconds, it is extremely cold as mentioned earlier in the tech support butt freeze incident.

Dave

This may be a silly question but I think in this case it's better to ask first. You know those cans of pressurized air used to clean dust from computers and components? Is it safe to use on a guitar to clean dust and debris out from under strings and hardware' date=' where a normal cloth can't typically go?[/quote']

Q-Tip?

Huffing is a real problem. Compressed 'air', which it isn't, is especially incidious due to the low odor compared to gasoline or paint fumes.

Parents should keep an eye out for unusually large quantities of these aerosol cans being tossed in the household garbage, i.e more than one can per year.

Archived