Gibson Brands Forums

Iron Maiden!

Twiz

Ugh, heavy metal parking lot kicked my a$$. I'm glad I'm on vacation this week. Haha.

They played a lot of new stuff, but still threw some old favorites:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Great song' date=' but never understood why it was 6 minutes long.

[/quote']

It was originally titled " Four Minutes After Midnight", but then the corporate marketing reps got hold of it......

[biggrin]

huge Maiden fan too !! I saw there last show of their last tour "somewhere back in time " they played LOTS of great hits,, fantastic show !! Have fun man !! They have a new CD due to be released in early August so you'll probably hear some new material [biggrin] enjoy !!! and give a review when you get back [angry]

Went to see Iron Maiden last night in Bristow, Va. - awsome show! Adrian Smith played his goldtop Les Paul Deluxe for much of the night (his other main guitar is the white Jackson) and Davey whipped out a beautiful sunburst Les Paul Standard for a song or two!

I love Iron Maiden.

O.K., old Iron Maiden.

Suckfest sence going w/ 3 guitars...

Sorry, just my opinion.

They don't even play their best stuff on tour anymore...

Not trying to piss anyone off...

Just disappointed, that's all...

I KNOW I'm not the only one...

On Tuesday night Iron Maiden got a better crowd reaction out of the newer songs than the classics. I know that sounds crazy, but that's what happened at Jibby Lube pavilion near DC. I really couldn't believe my eyes. They obviously have a bigger, newer fan base than I expected. The classics the band played were Wrathchild, Iron Maiden, Running Free, The Number of the Beast, and Hallowed Be Thy Name. No songs from Piece of Mind, Powerslave, or Somewhere In Time. - the rest of the songs were from Seventh Son and later. All of that aside, it was wonderful seeing old friends up on stage doing what they do best.

Yeah, I picked up that Rock in Rio that 'Maiden put out. It's insane the amount of people that were at that show. Bruce and the guys have a way of making everyone in the crowd (even the people way in the back) feel like they're right up front rocking with the band. I've seen them 8 or 9 times now, and they never disappoint.

Up The Irons.

I am going to have to drive somewhere to see them again. I have been a fan since I heard Transylvania in a compilation in the eraly 80's, I was hooked immediately.

Their new stuff is great, I can't believe that a band that has been around that long can write stuff this good.

I have seen them live 3 Times in recent years and I have issues with their live sound.... A fine example is on the Flight666 documentary where they show a bit of their live set in India where you CANT hear what solo Adrian Smith is playing... Their sound has become too busy....

Great band though!!

Archived