Gibson Brands Forums

Craziest (or however you want to describe it) mods...

Mr. E

I have a thing for mods on a guitar, i just like modding my guitar from little things to knobs to pickup changes, paint jobs, etc.

I wanted to ask any of you to show your mod guitars, the craziest and most elaborate mods you have.

i've seen mods, but some are simple, although great. i want to see a big time modded guitar and a special 2 modded if possible.

Just show your mod guitars...

(i'll post my mod guitar later, when i have it... i'm having problems right now)

I'm more into modding and building pedals than guitars (I can make better money at that ).

But...I did make a cool looking pickguard for my EPI LP (Ebony). Its a piece of formica from a counter top. Has a granite type look to it. Haven't drilled the holes for it yet (yeah I know, only 2 holes to drill).

Hopefull in the next week or so I will get around to it and post it.

Oh, and I changed the pickups.

My "Head Less". Built in '83 as a Artschool project. We received some quotes and had to take it from there. I picked Stravinsky's "All progress roots in tradition". I figured when acoustic Ovations sound like an electric when plugged in(albeit a crappy one), why not take it the other way? 'To boldly build an electric that sounds like no acoustic before'.

Anyway that was the concept, it has little reference to an acoustic sound. Basicly it sounds and plays like crap but hey...the idea was cool!(note: The Boss Acoustic simulator didn't exist back then).

Nylon strings, built-in piezo-crystals in the ABM Tremolo, 20 Built -in leds as position-dots(fed from a 9 volts battery which was also supposed to power the custom electronic circuit). 26 frets. 24.75 Gibson scale. Mahogany neck-thru up till tremspring-cavity(loooong tenon baby!), heavily sculpted Red Cedar body, wax finish.

The powercord is because I couldn't find a 9 volt block. And I really wanted to show the pretty lights...

headless.jpg

Close up of the Leds, nylons, and upper horn. The fretboard is flush with the body.

headlessdetail.jpg

My "Head Less". Built in '83 as a Artschool project. We received some quotes and had to take it from there. I picked Stravinsky's "All progress roots in tradition". I figured when acoustic Ovations sound like an electric when plugged in(albeit a crappy one)' date=' why not take it the other way? [i']'To boldly build an electric that sounds like no acoustic before'. [/i]

Anyway that was the concept, it has little reference to an acoustic sound. Basicly it sounds and plays like crap but hey...the idea was cool!(note: The Boss Acoustic simulator didn't exist back then).

Nylon strings, built-in piezo-crystals in the ABM Tremolo, 20 Built -in leds as position-dots(fed from a 9 volts battery which was also supposed to power the custom electronic circuit). 26 frets. 24.75 Gibson scale. Mahogany neck-thru up till tremspring-cavity(loooong tenon baby!), heavily sculpted Red Cedar body, wax finish.

The powercord is because I couldn't find a 9 volt block. And I really wanted to show the pretty lights...

headless.jpg

Close up of the Leds, nylons, and upper horn. The fretboard is flush with the body.

headlessdetail.jpg

pretty good, nylon with a tremolo... badassss

That's gotta be either amazing woodworking an refinishing' date=' or photoshopped.[/quote']

He posted more pictures a couple months ago, methinks. Even showed how he cut the pieces of the two guitars and placed them together. Definitely not Photoshopped. Good job on the guitar!

They make a Zakk Wylde Gibson like that:

LINK

I wouldn't buy it though' date=' as I would not like to be associated in any way to that man.[/quote']

Is it me or is the toggle switch on the upper horn where your elbow would rest?

Big ZW-fan here. Won't buy it either.:-)

Archived