Gibson Brands Forums

Custom ordering Epiphones...

Suicidehummer

You all may already know this and I'm just out of the loop, but I was wondering, since Gibson and Fender will take custom orders, to what extent can you custom order Epis? At all? Because if they did that, I might buy twice as many!

And if this is a stupid question, just tell me, I don't want to look like an idiot! =D>

You all may already know this and I'm just out of the loop' date=' but I was wondering, since Gibson and Fender will take custom orders, to what extent can you custom order Epis? At all? Because if they did that, I might buy twice as many!

And if this is a stupid question, just tell me, I don't want to look like an idiot! :D [/quote']

I may be TOTALLY wrong here, but I heard that the Gibson Custom shop is no longer accepting orders from members of the public now. But please set me straight if anybody knows better.

So if you have to order hundreds to custom order, does that mean MF and GC choose how they want them customized? Or do they just take whatever LEs they can get?

A friend just custom ordered a sunburst Tele, so I couldn't imagine Gibson would stop taking custom orders if Fender still is.

Hey, we should vote for the Epi Custom job we'd most like to see, and have someone (with money to burn) order 500, and we'd all buy them from him! :D/

I think we'd have a tough time agreeing on only one though...

A friend just custom ordered a sunburst Tele' date=' so I couldn't imagine Gibson would stop taking custom orders if Fender still is.[/quote']

Obviously it has nothing to do with Fender, running a business like Gibson is not (just) an imago contest for Henry.

They stopped taking orders quite recently, something like 2006, because they wanted to focus on the more profitable production. However, Gibson still released a line of guitars based on feedback they got from customers (see here). I think that would be the extent of the "custom orders" we could get from Epiphone in our lifetime, if they ever bothered to ask anyone anything.

OK, line up for the lpdeluxe signature Epiphone! As soon as I have 5000 subscribers, we'll hash out the features so we can please everybody on the list and then I'll call up Epi and place the order.

There are still places available!

Archived