Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Wiki Server Problem?

layboomo

Heard some complaints about posts disappearing.

Hey, that happens here too.

In response to another thread - I don't think the discussion of another forum would get any attention here (by mods). Even though I don't post in the other site, they discuss Epi and there are a lot of epi fans over there. However, they talk about a lot of different brands more freely (no different than any site not affiliated with a manufacturer).

Unless I am missing something, I haven't really seen much in the way of deleted threads here in a number of weeks.

Hey' date=' that happens here too.

In response to another thread - I don't think the discussion of another forum would get any attention here (by mods). Even though I don't post in the other site, they discuss Epi and there are a lot of epi fans over there. However, they talk about a lot of different brands more freely (no different than any site not affiliated with a manufacturer).

Unless I am missing something, I haven't really seen much in the way of deleted threads here in a number of weeks.[/quote']

I think the last deleted thread was the very long one with numerous suggestions of which other brands of guitar to buy once the Elitist line is depleted. Any mod who didn't delete that thread should be fired (though it was fun while it lasted).

I think the last deleted thread was the very long one with numerous suggestions of which other brands of guitar to buy once the Elitist line is depleted. Any mod who didn't delete that thread should be fired (though it was fun while it lasted).

Yep' date=' I thought it had a pretty good run.

In addition to letting Epi fans talk guitars, this is also a marketing tool. I don't agree with some of the things I witnessed when I first joined, but other things are understandable.

This place is like Playboy for me, but instead of reading the articles, I just look at the pictures.[img']http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Smiley/drool-1.gif[/img]

this site is corporate anal.. and it occaisionally bleeds .. heh.. through to the posters in my opinion.

epiwiki is none of that.

so except for being able to have free speech among epi owners, it's not much different.

One expects, I think, corp. to be anal. To exercise control and often in a silly useless way.

There's nothing wrong at all with folks in here talking about other brands. most of us own them, and most of us will

eventually buy them.

But corp can't handle the truth.. so they don't.

consequently, though I like the site and the people here, I do think of it as partly an advertisement where we do all the blurbs.

's ok though, eh?

TWANG

I wish the entire membership of this forum could be copied over to the EpiWiki forum. There are some great people there' date=' but sometimes you can hear the crickets.[/quote']

Yeah but, you can always hear The Beatles and no fear of posts going missing....but let's not get carried away and invite everyone to our little shindig on the shore of reality...we do have our standards...they may be low but we do have them....seriously, everyone should come check it out.

Nelson

Yeah but' date=' you can always hear The Beatles and no fear of posts going missing....but let's not get carried away and invite [i']everyone[/i] to our little shindig on the shore of reality...we do have our standards...they may be low but we do have them....seriously, everyone should come check it out.

Nelson

SM030.gif need my password

When did you register?

A few weeks ago. When I try to log in it says that the password doesn't match my sign on. My username is a variation of the one here - Justrum instead of Just Strum. It's strange because after I initially registered I did log on. I have a bad memory, so maybe none of that really happened :-k

A few weeks ago. When I try to log in it says that the password doesn't match my sign on. My username is a variation of the one here - Justrum instead of Just Strum. It's strange because after I initially registered I did log on. I have a bad memory' date=' so maybe none of that really happened :-k [/quote']

I had to ask them for my password as well. I used the password that I always use for non-money logins. It didn't work.

Try the "I forgot my password" function on the logon screen. Your password should be emailed to you automatically.

I've done that about four times in just over a week - no response except the notice on the site that my password would be sent to my e-mail address. I sent an e-mail to the board adminstrator about an hour ago, so we shall see.

Archived