Gibson Brands Forums

A Kick to the Teeth..

Geetar_Axl

*Sigh* Today I was ment to be playing my Les Paul.....

I had planned to go get it next weekend, then I found out my I couldnt due to other plans, so we agreed to today. Well that didnt happen so now I have to wait 2 more weeks.

I know Im acting like a spoilt kid, but when your so close to your Les Paul, it hurts...and kills the anticipation. Im just in a disappointed mood at the moment.

Damn Paul got away again!

Well, the closest I have been is "having the money and relentlessly searching for the perfect LP Standard Goldtop '60s neck without much avail."

That search took longer than most think! Eventually it paid off though. Yay!

Yeah, that's me in the avatar. Is that you in yours? ;-)

Here's a kick in the teeth. For a reward for getting all A's my oldest wants a guitar & lessons. So yesterday it's off the the GC and he's all excited. Checking out some stock he finds the style (look) of guitar that intersets him. He likes those X guitars and explorer types. Then he pipes up with, dad, I'm left handed, remember? D'OH! I did forget. OK, lets see the lefty selection. Hmmm, a couple of tele's and a couple of strats. Then he sez he likes the strat style cuz it's like his rock band guitar. No dice. I asked him at least 3 times prior if the liked that sytle when we first started looking and he said no each time. I felt that he was settling just to get something so we left (after I checked out a traditional). Man was he bummed, and I felt for him but I don't think we have to settle.

Am I wrong? I hate to dissapoint the boy but come on, being excited about the looks of the guitar is half the fun right?

Slinger, I'd say you did the right thing. If he settles for a guitar now, he'll just want something else later.

Then again, if he has G.A.S., he'll never be satisfied.

Speaking of a kick to the teeth, my little woman says I can't get a R8 AND a Traditional...what's up with that??!!

Talk about putting a bummer on my weekend. =P~

Back in'87 (no old man jokes..please) I ordered an ES175 (my first Gibson) and waited 9 months for it to arrive. When it did it felt great. Worth the wait. Kinda like having a kid....but it didn't cry and spew crap from all orifices.

Slinger' date=' I'd say you did the right thing. If he settles for a guitar now, he'll just want something else later.

Then again, if he has G.A.S., he'll never be satisfied.[/quote']

But then again being a lefty his options are going to be seriously limited anyway. Anyone have expierence turning a righty into a lefty? Good or bad idea ?

But then again being a lefty his options are going to be seriously limited anyway. Anyone have expierence turning a righty into a lefty? Good or bad idea ?

If your talking about a strat then the upper fret access is going to be a little limited, the controls/trem arm are going to be in the way and your going to have to replace the nut. I dunno bout explorers and such but I guess you expect the same thing.

Do you want to know a real kick in the teeth?? not knowing how you are going to get money for a les paul. I've applied at Publix 4 times and I haven't been called once. I think publix is agist against 14 year olds. I could do a better job than any 18 year old. I think I'm going to try to schedule a meeting with the manager and straight up ask him to try me out. It really sucks....

Do you want to know a real kick in the teeth?? not knowing how you are going to get money for a les paul. I've applied at Publix 4 times and I haven't been called once. I think publix is agist against 14 year olds. I could do a better job than any 18 year old. I think I'm going to try to schedule a meeting with the manager and straight up ask him to try me out. It really sucks....

I'm in a similar boat except I cant legally work and get payed until I'm 15

Really Kenny?? Thats odd..Publix hires at 14 (or at least they say they do) and pay them legally.

When do you turn 15???

It's california state law, you have to be 15. I turn 15 in late November, I'm hoping to have enough money for a Les Paul around that time.

Hey' date=' uh...Axl? Lemme fill you in on a little secret: having to SELL your Les Paul is a kick in the teeth, waiting for them is a walk in the park compared.[/quote']

He's right. Let's keep things in perspective. It'll get there soon enough.

Back in'87 (no old man jokes..please) I ordered an ES175 (my first Gibson) and waited 9 months for it to arrive. When it did it felt great. Worth the wait. Kinda like having a kid....but it didn't cry and spew crap from all orifices.

Holy crap, thats gotta hurt. I cant imagine waiting that long. It was hard enough waiting for my Epiphone, they told me they had the order in and a week later "Oh right, we never ordered it" Blamed it on Gibson.

Instead of 1 week it was 2 or 3. Thats not so bad though, I guess its happening again, I have to wait another week just like my first guitar. heh, history does repeat itself!

Archived