Gibson Brands Forums

Finally Able To Show Photos

Gordy01

Thank You to all the guys who helped me with this. After I got my pics on Photobucket, and learned how to use the link, you're right, it was easy!! I guess old dogs can still learn new tricks. Here's a pic of my new Ultra 2.

guitarpics003.jpg

Real classy. Nice job insulting Gord and his new guitar (btw cool guitar).

GC

Sorry, but....Anyone who thinks that is a beautiful guitar needs their eyes examined. I have a cheap Samick Greg Bennett AV6 prototype, the top looks near identical and I think it too looks like a clown burst.

You really think a clownburst with poorly grained quilt veneer looks better than your PRS? Been to the eye doc lately?O:)

I thought iansmitchell was the only guy who barfed at the sight of cherry sunburst. I've even toyed with the idea of getting a Heritage in [barf] cherry sunburst.

H140CMFrontBody.jpg

However' date=' I don't like women with rouge on their cheeks. Go figure.

My idea of ugly is the turquoise on a WildKat. I like just about every other guitar finish, including my bamboo yellow Gretsch Double Anniversary.

[img']http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/9/7/9/271979.jpg[/img]

Sorry' date=' but....Anyone who thinks that is a beautiful guitar needs their eyes examined. I have a cheap Samick Greg Bennett AV6 prototype, the top looks near identical and I think it too looks like a clown burst.[/quote']

Hey, what's wrong with a one-piece quilted maple top? The large oval quilt is even nicely centered under the bridge. And I'll bet it looks ever better in real life.

Twenty years ago, I wouldn't have dreamed of buying a root beer guitar, or Stan's Irish green guitar. Variety is the spice of life!

I thought iansmitchell was the only guy who barfed at the sight of cherry sunburst. I've even toyed with the idea of getting a Heritage in [barf] cherry sunburst.

However' date=' I don't like women with rouge on their cheeks. Go figure.

My idea of ugly is the turquoise on a WildKat. I like just about every other guitar finish, including my bamboo yellow Gretsch Double Anniversary.

[/quote']

This is mine and I call it fugly.

Only reason I got it was it was the prototype Greg Bennett Samick for the AV6, the headstock is slightly different and there's no logo on it.

I kind of collect the Bennets and a proto was an interesting addition, even though it's a clownburst.

cave%20vac%20127.jpg

cave%20vac%20122.jpg

cave%20vac%20118.jpg

Hey' date=' what's wrong with a one-piece quilted maple top? The large oval quilt is even nicely centered under the bridge. And I'll bet it looks ever better in real life.[/quote']It's the clownburst that ruins it, the quilt is nice, but that burst?

Twenty years ago' date=' I wouldn't have dreamed of buying a root beer guitar, or Stan's Irish green guitar. Variety is the spice of life![/quote']Rootbeer can work, but it can also look bad, takes just the right shade.

Green, no thanks. Iguana burst is not for a guitar.

This is mine and I call it fugly.

Only reason I got it was it was the prototype Greg Bennett Samick for the AV6' date=' the headstock is slightly different and there's no logo on it.

I kind of collect the Bennets and a proto was an interesting addition, even though it's a clownburst.

[img']http://home.wi.rr.com/marxbros/cave%20vac%20127.jpg[/img]

cave%20vac%20122.jpg

cave%20vac%20118.jpg

Hey, I like that guitar too! I ordered a Samick in the months before Katrina and, fortunately, Music123 couldn't come through for me. Nothing like having a new guitar arrive when you're holed up in a motel room in Houston for 5 weeks.

Hey' date=' I like that guitar too! I ordered a Samick in the months before Katrina and, fortunately, Music123 couldn't come through for me. Nothing like having a new guitar arrive when you're holed up in a motel room in Houston for 5 weeks.[/quote']I've got several of the AV5,6,7 series. This is my least favorite. I hate it.

I have the P90 AV5 and LOVE it. Like these:

AV5_2.jpg

AV5_CH_2.jpg

Hey' date=' I like that guitar too! I ordered a Samick in the months before Katrina and, fortunately, Music123 couldn't come through for me. Nothing like having a new guitar arrive when you're holed up in a motel room in Houston for 5 weeks.[/quote']I've got several of the AV5,6,7 series. This is my least favorite. I hate it.

I have the P90 AV5 and LOVE it. Like these:

AV5_2.jpg

AV5_CH_2.jpg

I need to get a spalted maple yet.

AV6_SPM_2.jpg

Archived