Gibson Brands Forums

Epi vs Gibson vs The Space Shuttle

Guest alanhindle

Guest alanhindle

Come on guys, at only $42 Million, one of these is not much more than the price of a '59 Les Paul and there are only three of these babies going, as opposed to dozens of manky old Lesters. It's got to be the ultimate investment and/or modding platform. Charlie, you must be tempted surely. They make take a couple of your cameras in part exchange. Twang, how about you mate, you could do some serious modding with one of these. The Discovery Studio model would look great with new landing gear, a Bigsby, and a couple of P90s. Get that kitchen table out and post those before and after pics.

Guest alanhindle
Yea' date=' but the Gibson is way better.[/quote']

No Way! The Shuttle's got that all important NASA badge on the wings which bumps up the price by $25 Million, despite the fact that it was mass produced in a batch of 6.

Anyway, I'm going to beat you all to one of them because I've got four Chinese Satellites to trade in.

No Way! The Shuttle's got that all important NASA badge on the wings which bumps up the price by $25 Million' date=' despite the fact that it was mass produced in a batch of 6.

Anyway, I'm going to beat you all to one of them because I've got four Chinese Satellites to trade in.[/quote']

Can your Gibson recycle your urine to make it drinkable? I DON'T THINK SO!

Guest alanhindle

Can your Gibson recycle your urine to make it drinkable? I DON'T THINK SO!

Despite this, a number of musicians have still tried.

Leilani (the wife) is very tolerant about most of my music tool (toy) purchases, after all, she plays music too and is a partner in one of my music businesses, but I don't think she would like it if I came home with the shuttle. But then again, if it was full of fuel and I could take her for a spin around the earth a few times, I'm sure she would dig it.

Notes

Leilani (the wife) is very tolerant about most of my music tool (toy) purchases' date=' after all, she plays music too and is a partner in one of my music businesses, but I don't think she would like it if I came home with the shuttle. But then again, if it was full of fuel and I could take her for a spin around the earth a few times, I'm sure she would dig it.Notes[/quote']

But you live closer to the Cape than most of us - the shipping would be much cheaper

Come on' date=' surely you guys can spot a Chinese scam when you see one? Look at those tail fins...no way that's a genuine USA model.[/quote']

There's no way you could tell from those shots. Besides, the model changed from make to make, so they all have little "flaws."

Do we have a serial number to figure out what plant it was built at?

Archived