Gibson Brands Forums

So any New year's Resolutions, guys ?

AyushPresley

to make my practice more scheduled. and keep to it better.

seems like two steps forward, one step back, and too much.

also starting to recored my tunes on a regular schedule.

resolve that's it's. I resolve to have more resolve.

TWANG

To assemble the perfect pedalboard.

I resolve to get my amp and guitars dialed in enough so that MY "perfect pedalboard" consists solely of a Boss TU-2. :)

Aside from that, I want to get my credit cards all paid off by the end of the year, and I want to start taking some guitar lessons to improve my somewhat nonexistent lead skills. "Self taught" can only take you so far...

I resolve to get my amp and guitars dialed in enough so that MY "perfect pedalboard" consists solely of a Boss TU-2. :)

Aside from that' date=' I want to get my credit cards all paid off by the end of the year, and I want to start taking some guitar lessons to improve my somewhat nonexistent lead skills. "Self taught" can only take you so far...[/quote']

There are some really good lead guitar DVD's out there. I've got 4 or 5 of them that are real good.

50 Rock Licks

50 Blues Licks

50 Country Licks..... You get the picture.

Gives you a pretty good base to work from.

- Gain a functioning knowledge of notes, scales, and chords.

- Learn to read music. AND Tabs, while I'm at it.

- Practice guitar, if just for a few minutes, every day. So far so good on that one! :-

- Research and get a real amp as opposed to my $100 practice one. But only after I've really learned what all those knobs really do.

- Learn to set up an effects pedal.

- Learn to use an effects pedal.

- Figure out what an effects pedal really is and what the hell I'd want one for anyway.

- Jam with my friend's band. On something other then the tamborine.

- Stop being shy about telling people about my music blog

- Get all the way through Arlen Roth's gibson.com lesson without stopping and going "what'd he say?"

I'm currently separated from my Epi: my practice guitar for being down here with the 'rents is a white Oscar Schmidt acoustic. The action is impossibly high anywhere above the ninth fret, but the tone is good, it more-or-less stays in tune and it was the most playable of the cheaper guitars they had at the store. Which is why I haven't been on this forum much. Hard to discuss a guitar not an epi on an epi forum.

Archived