Gibson Brands Forums

Just delivered!

Canine

Just read a good review in Vintage Guitar Mag on the GT LP. Said it was as nice as the Elitist Models. Stan.

I don't mean to start and "Elitist vs. Slash Model" thread, but that was certainly not the case of the first batch of Slash models I saw at Guitar Center. They were nice, no question, but didn't have the impeccable build and finish quailty as the Elitists, or seem to use wood that looked as good.

Red 333

FeDex just delivered my Slash signature LP' date=' I'm simply blown away.

So beautiful, so f... awesome! Wow... can't wait to set it up and play it through my Marshall, the thing's gonna kick some serious behind!

[/quote']

Congrats, those SD Pro IIs are awesome pickups!

I'm trying to upload to photobucket, but got a timeout error, trying to figure it out.

I've been looking at the guitar up close, my last day to fool around so I've been trying to find a problem with it. There's a bit of a scratch in the binding, next to the headstock, but that's about it. Neck feels just great. The body is immaculate, no problem, absolutely great action right out of the box but had to mess around with the intonation just a bit (low e and a mostly).

I just love this thing!

I also have pics of the project guitar I was working on, finished today. Black LP Special with GFS zebra pups, grovers and a few cosmetic changes.

Never had the chance to own an Elitist but I heard nothing but the best about them. I bought the Slash guitar for personal reasons, it means more to me than just another quality guitar, it's like a goal I had, something I just had to achieve.

Gonna keep trying to upload pics a bit later, time to clean up the mess here..

I've been dreaming about one of those Slash signature guitars ever since they came out with that red guitar with the snakepit logo... It's been a long journey, but finally over, and I couldn't have hoped for a better outcome.

Now, you guys also helped me a lot here. I needed the wiring diagram for the GFS pups, lots of places said to follow the familiar SD instructions. Came here and found the wiring instructions in clear simple words. That was it, pups are installed and they kick some serious behind. I used cream mounting rings, but might go back to black... Mmmm, sounds like AC/DC...

One thing I have to say about GFS, it's a very good sound, and at least the box says 'neck' or 'bridge', that's more than I can say for SD!

I have a pair of SD APH for my old Epi, will be installing those soon I hope.

Canine' date='

It's just after Christmas, I'm broke, and you guys are getting me thinking way beyond my limits.

You're killing me!

Congrats on the new guitar. [/quote']I'm dying over here... I just bought my books for the next semester, and a few Blu-ray movies. I have a bit of money (Gibson money, even), but I should use it to reduce my student loan debt before the interest becomes higher than the initial loan.

I also went to two guitar stores yesterday, and House of Guitars is having a Gibson blowout on Saturday - Fadeds for $399, buy a Gibson electric get an Epiphone free, etc.

I'm hoping to justify buying a Melody Maker or a nice Les Paul Junior.

That sounds like one hell of a deal, a Gibson for 400 bucks, nice! Lowest I seen any was a year ago, and it was 650 for a new Studio, down in Denver.

I'd love to get a Goldtop, but I'm gonna have to wait quite a bit...

Oh, just removed the horrible cream pickup rings I installed before, back to the black ones... without removing the new set of strings and without scratching the finish... those damn springs... bruised fingers but worth the effort, looks much better now.

So the demand for pics is there, and I shall meet it.

I'm gonna try to upload some, if I can't I already have a friend who will upload them for me. I have no digital camera, so they're iSight pics. Gotta comply with the rules of the forum, pics, pics, pics!

You guys are demanding! lmao

I will also upload the pics of the project guitar I just finished yesterday. I have a pair of stock Epi pups, not that good (the type that come with the Special II), was thinking about taking them to the thrift store, but if anybody wants them... free of course.

Archived