Gibson Brands Forums

New guitar.... well a craigs list find..

Memphs1978

Looks pretty good. esp for that money.

what's yer bridge pup now?

grain on board looks complex.. nice.

stick a wilkinson trem on there sometime.. you got it cheap enough1

I've got a pearl white tele.. and looking at yours I think that's a better color choice on the guard than I have.

congrats.

TWANG

Thats SHARP!!.........just curious though......why'd you ditch the bridge 'bucker?

Thats exactly what i'm gonna try to get when our taxes come back.......alpine white Mextrat.....

I really like the quality of the MIM series, but their OE p'ups are pretty bad.

This is MY MIM "twanger", with diff guard, Hot K/A bridge twinrail, and self installed Bigsby w/roller bridge.

I absolutely LOVE it.

GarysCam032.jpg

Thats SHARP!!.........just curious though......why'd you ditch the bridge 'bucker?

Thats exactly what i'm gonna try to get when our taxes come back.......alpine white Mextrat.....

I really like the quality of the MIM series' date=' but their OE p'ups are pretty bad.

This is MY MIM "twanger", with diff guard, Hot K/A bridge twinrail, and self installed Bigsby w/roller bridge.

I absolutely LOVE it.

[img'][/img]GarysCam032.jpg

honsltly i guess im kind of a purest when it comes to strats and tele's i think single coils are the only way to go.. and i have nuff hum's as it is now i also have a '94 40th anny on layway same set up white on maple... [-X/

honsltly i guess im kind of a purest when it comes to strats and tele's i think single coils are the only way to go.. and i have nuff hum's as it is now i also have a '94 40th anny on layway same set up white on maple... [-X/

thats what I thought you'd say........and I agree.

thats why I went with the twinrail on the Tele.......cancels the hum (technically a 'bucker) but with the tone knob twisted wide open, it has a more than passable "Teletwang" tone.

lovely strat. the others are nice too.

I don't care much for the Epi/Gibby/Fen fight, i think most of them have decent merits depending on the player (note I did not include Squier in there...) but SOMETHING about Fens just doesn't feel right to me. It might be the neck, or the way the tuning keys sit.

That said, I would kill a man for a Jaguar.

I actually managed to find some decent CL posts this holiday season, including a 99 Electromatic w/case for $150 and a older Jag w/case for about $250 (people need money....) but had no cash to pick any of them up...wah.

lovely strat. the others are nice too.

I don't care much for the Epi/Gibby/Fen fight' date=' i think most of them have decent merits depending on the player (note I did not include Squier in there...) but SOMETHING about Fens just doesn't feel right to me. It might be the neck, or the way the tuning keys sit.

That said, I would kill a man for a Jaguar.

I actually managed to find some decent CL posts this holiday season, including a 99 Electromatic w/case for $150 and a older Jag w/case for about $250 (people need money....) but had no cash to pick any of them up...wah.[/quote']

I love both Gibsons and Fenders equally. I'd kill for a cheap Jag, too. Recently picked up the Jag bass in red with the matching paint on the headstock face. Awesome bass!

One of the best-kept secrets in electric guitars (until EVERY American guitar became overpriced) is Guild. You can still pick up some amazing guitars fairly cheap.

Archived