Gibson Brands Forums

The perfect guitar

davidg3333

Today I was determined. I set out for the local guitar center, thousands of dollars in cash smoldering in my pocket. I was going to leave that store with the best guitar the world has to offer.

I played every guitar in that store through every amplifier. The sales people were sick of me but I didn't care. It's my cash, isn't it? Well anyway, it took a while but I finally found the guitar that echoed my soul.

This guitar sang, it yowled, it howled, it meowed when played through a Marshall JCM. And oh! played through a weeping screamer dreamer was heaven.

The guitar? A Hello Kitty! I kid you not. This guitar played better than every major brand out there. I am taking this kitty home to play my favorite music, Led Zeppelin, Zach whatsisname, and Charlie Byrd through my Marshall Eat your hearts out!

With apologies and thanks to every guitar review I have ever read.

The Hello Kitty guitar was my daughters first guitar, though it plays okay, it buzzes louder than a swarm of bees. She likes her Gibby MM much better....

BTW did you get the pink, light blue or black one??? My daughter has the pink one

The daisy rock stuff is actually VERY well made, especially for its' price point. That company's whole philosophy is to make affordable, well playing guitars for girls, to get more girls into playing music.

The Squier, I can't speak from experience... I haven't played that particular model. I have owned 2 Squier bullet strats, and both were maybe a step above "okay". I can't imagine that I would have ever chosen either (as a single choice, anyway) in a well stocked music store with thousands of spendable dollars in pocket...

truth be told' date=' i believe that.

there's a kick *** "DaisyRock" guitar at the local GuitarCenter that just ROARS and has the PERFECT feel and tone, not to mention the matte black finish. I just hate the damned star on it.[/quote']

Agree on that !! it looks and plays well but the stars ??? =D>

truth be told' date=' i believe that.

there's a kick *** "DaisyRock" guitar at the local GuitarCenter that just ROARS and has the PERFECT feel and tone, not to mention the matte black finish. I just hate the damned star on it.[/quote']

That is just weak. Rocker boys have been donning make-up and androgenous hair-styles for years. Getting insecure about your masculinity in a profession that contains Jack White seems kind of redundant.

Besides, what would you have the females of the world do? Avoid buying a Fender or an Epi or a Gibson because those are "Boy Guitars?" Buy the guitar you LIKE, you girly-man.

That is just weak. Rocker boys have been donning make-up and androgenous hair-styles for years. Getting insecure about your masculinity in a profession that contains Jack White seems kind of redundant.

Besides' date=' what would you have the females of the world do? Avoid buying a Fender or an Epi or a Gibson because those are "Boy Guitars?" Buy the guitar you LIKE, you girly-man. [/quote']

I'd buy a "girl's" guitar on it if it played well and looked good. The guitar itself is awesome and i don't care that there are stars on it or even that the star is pink, i happen to like the colour pink.

HOWEVER, i hate that particular style of star, with the varying colours cutting the arms in half. You've seen it, tattooed on dumb Jack White wannabes. And Jack White is the best example you could come up with?

I would have gone with Bowie.

I'd buy a "girl's" guitar on it if it played well and looked good. The guitar itself is awesome and i don't care that there are stars on it or even that the star is pink' date=' i happen to like the colour pink.

HOWEVER, i hate that particular style of star, with the varying colours cutting the arms in half. You've seen it, tattooed on dumb Jack White wannabes. And Jack White is the best example you could come up with?

I would have gone with Bowie.[/quote']

Or Mick Jagger, or David Johanson, or Steve Taylor, or any one of a large number of glam rockers, Bowie included. I picked Jack White because he plays the guitar.

You could always get a decal the right size to cover it up. Course you realize it's totally cheating.

Today I was determined. I set out for the local guitar center' date=' thousands of dollars in cash smoldering in my pocket. I was going to leave that store with the best guitar the world has to offer.

I played every guitar in that store through every amplifier. The sales people were sick of me but I didn't care. It's my cash, isn't it? Well anyway, it took a while but I finally found the guitar that echoed my soul.

This guitar sang, it yowled, it howled, it meowed when played through a Marshall JCM. And oh! played through a weeping screamer dreamer was heaven.

The guitar? A Hello Kitty! I kid you not. This guitar played better than every major brand out there. I am taking this kitty home to play my favorite music, Led Zeppelin, Zach whatsisname, and Charlie Byrd through my Marshall Eat your hearts out!

With apologies and thanks to every guitar review I have ever read.[/quote']

It's good to see someone else that let their "ear" decide what was right for them.

Thats the very reason my last purchase was a Sheraton II instead of a bigger name guitar, it

had the exact tone I was looking for.

Unless you're recieving free instruments on an endorsement deal, this should always be how one chooses.

Here's a pic of my daughter with her Hello Kitty guitar she recieved for Christmas three years ago when she was 8.... She is now 11 and doesn't even open the case anymore. She actually likes one of my Moser strats, and as stated earlier her new favorite is the Gibby Melody Maker.

129796.jpg

Thats a great photo of you and family Duane. Now to the subject at hand. I know the feeling of going in to purchase a guitar and leaving with something you had never thought about. A year ago I went shopping for a new acoustic and had every intention of buying a Gibson. I had already been sampling in various places when i wound up in GC. I played every high end acoustic they had; Gibson, Martin, Taylor, even some Epi Masterbilts. What did I leave with ? A Breedlove. I had never picked up a Breedlove until that day but that was the one that spoke to me that day. Congrats on your purchase and use some of that money to get yourself a high end amp; thats where 90% of your tone comes from anyway.

I feel now is the time for some more...

> >. OLD CHINESE PROVERBS

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Virginity like bubble, one prick, all gone.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man who run in front of car get tired.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man who run behind car get exhausted.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man with one chopstick go hungry.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man who scratch *** should not bite fingernails.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man who eat many prunes get good run for money.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Baseball is wrong: man with four balls cannot walk.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Panties not best thing on earth! but next to best thing on earth.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Wife who put husband in doghouse soon find him in cat house.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man who fight with wife all day get no piece at night.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >It take many nails to build crib, but one screw to fill it.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man who drive like hell, bound to get there.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man who stand on toilet is high on pot.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man who live in glass house should change clothes in basement.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man who fart in church sit in own pew.

Oh! And to clarify...."Spectacles, Testicles, wallet and watch" came from the film Nuns on the Run starring Robbie Coltrane and Eric Idle, you would need to see the context it was meant...

Er, folks, before this gets too far - I was writing a spoof, a satire, a parody, of guitar reviews that you read online. I tried to leave some subtle hints. Only one person picked up on them.

My intent wasn't to demean Hello Kitty guitar or yank your chains. I had this long boring drive after dropping my daughter off at OSU and my fevered brain came up with the idea. Spoof on!

> >Baseball is wrong: man with four balls cannot walk.

Oh! And to clarify...."Spectacles' date=' Testicles, wallet and watch"[/i'] came from the film Nuns on the Run starring Robbie Coltrane and Eric Idle, you would need to see the context it was meant...

Man, I liked that one the best!!!

BTW, I remember the movie Nuns on the Run. Especially the scene where the big guy (disguised as a nun, teaching the girls gym class) sitting in the locker room full of half naked girls, and going, "oh my, oh my~."

His facial expression was just priceless. Yeah, that was a great movie!!!

Now back to the topic...

Yes, the perfect guitar is the one that makes you feel as one.

(Borrowing a line from "Caddy Shack,"--- Be the Guitar~!!! Be the Guitar~!!!)

Okay... That's enough smart-mouthing from me for a day. Sorry...:-k

Er' date=' folks, before this gets too far - I was writing a spoof, a satire, a parody, of guitar reviews that you read online. I tried to leave some subtle hints. Only one person picked up on them.

My intent wasn't to demean Hello Kitty guitar or yank your chains. I had this long boring drive after dropping my daughter off at OSU and my fevered brain came up with the idea. Spoof on![/quote']

You best not mean "Ohio State University" or you, sir, are dead to me.

I did mean what I said about the DaisyRock guitar though. I'd recommend just giving them a shot. Only issue I have with it is the thinner neck, which sucks when you consider that my hands look like those of a gorilla. Works fine on piano, but for guitar, the necks need to be just-so.

Archived