Gibson Brands Forums

Way too Far! Changed for Ron G

BlueLesPaul2006

Well, I'll buy one for $99.00. Let's see, 2 pick-ups, a 3 way sw., and... 1 knob for vol and tone?

I showed this pic to my dog, and ..... well, you'll see. (Apologies in advance to our new MODS!)

I suppose GIBSON will now be marketing VIOLINS WITH FRETS???

holy-x_main.jpg

MY RESPONSE:

images.jpg

My DOG:

2500014887_740ca006e9.jpg

Imagine it with some plexi-faced lights form-fit into the recesses and those wired into a control

pot that would swing from rapid blink down to a really slow pulse ala '70's RadioShack strobe light.

Or you could get a tad modern and substitue sound activated color-changing L.E.D.s Or no wait

...plastic, oil and colored-water filled windows molded to the shape of the openings. The new

Splat-o-Splorer. Where's my dang white platform shoes?

Wedgie

Imagine it with some plexi-faced lights form-fit into the recesses and those wired into a control

pot that would swing from rapid blink down to a really slow pulse ala '70's RadioShack strobe light.

Or you could get a tad modern and substitue sound activated color-changing L.E.D.s Or no wait

...plastic' date=' oil and colored-water filled windows molded to the shape of the openings. The new

Splat-o-Splorer. Where's my dang white platform shoes?

Wedgie[/quote']

I found 'em!!!! Wear them PROUDLY with your new Flyswatter Gibson!

retro-mens-platform-shoes-silver.jpg

The big question is how it got past the design phase... did anybody actually hang the prototype on a strap? A regular explorer is neck heavy... that thing has to be stupidly off-balanced. Forget oil and water filled plastic tanks, you'll probably need to fill the holes with concrete just to keep the neck from taking you out at the knees.

Wore 'em when I was in a band called "Stark Naked and the Car Thieves". People

would ask - "Which one of you is Stark Naked? NOW, they're an EBAY Goldmine!

List 'em as Rare, Vintage, Pre-21st century footwear.... Went great with "Elephant

Ear" Bellbottoms!

Strange type of hollow body guit.

Didn't think that ther's a way to top the "reverse flying V"

Peter

The day I saw the announcement of the reverse V, I said, "I need to buy one of those. I guarantee I could resell it in 4 months for 100% profit." The owner of the local music store talked me out of it, said it was a waste, that nobody was going to want it, it was stupid, and so on. Four months later, they were selling on Ebay for up to THREE TIMES original price. 8-[

That in no way means that I have any intention of ordering one of these riddiculous pieces of crap.

That's a very....interesting guitar. Not in a good way either. Kinda like the car crash site you pass and can't help but to look, despite your initial revulsion and the wish not to be a ghoul. Still, in the end, you look. And the memory burns into your brain tissues for ever...8-[

NEWS FLASH!!!! Gibson IS releasing a similarly-styled version of

the LES PAUL to meet the needs of those players who want a

more "utilitarian" look to their axe, and don't want to pay for

all the extra "flash/bling".....

rd-electric-01.jpg

Went to the "Gibson Guitar Co.s " website, clicked on line of text below big picture

of Holy git, sent me to comments section. signed up, added my own - "buy a gibson, save a tree..."

and a bit more. Even on the "official" Gibby site, the reaction is mostly negative...

Archived