Gibson Brands Forums

LP pics please

lpfan

Nice! and wow.

=============

Covered pick-ups look better than non covered. IMO.

+1 I think that the covered pick-ups give the guitar a cleaner, high-end look. Plus I just love the way chrome shines!

Had to. Couldn't sell the Epi cuz I'd never get back what I got into it, and believe me I didn't arrive on the decision lightly, one of the hardest things I've had to do...that and my SG Standard, both had to go. Didn't take too bad a beating on the Lester, got royally RAPED on the SG, but that's another thread.

+1 I think that the covered pick-ups give the guitar a cleaner' date=' high-end look. Plus I just love the way chrome shines![/quote']

I like the look of both,but some LP's sound much better with open coils IMHO. When I sold that 57 RI Gold Top I put the covers back on to make it look more original but it sounded much better with the open coils. With some pickups it's a very subtle difference and others it's much more obvious. Some guys like the Zebra look...some don't etc..etc... to me It's all good!

Just received my 2006 EPI LP Classic from the UPS man not 30 mins ago,

at work for few more mins, still drooling. Will post group pic of the gits in my

signature later...C'MON, CLOCK - TICK! TICK!

Scarrabri! I LIKE the picture WITH the EPI amp better, gives it a VINTAGE feel.

Great picture!!!!

Just received my 2006 EPI LP Classic from the UPS man not 30 mins ago' date='

at work for few more mins, still drooling. Will post group pic of the gits in my

signature later...C'MON, CLOCK - TICK! TICK!

Scarrabri! I LIKE the picture WITH the EPI amp better, gives it a VINTAGE feel.

Great picture!!!![/quote']

Thanks for the comment Animalfarm,look forward to your pics ,best wishes scarrabri

Hey' date=' Charlie Brown! Even though I love my EPIs, gotta admit nothin' looks

sweeter than Tulip-Shape tuning keys on an LP! Must eventually investigate upgrading.

Any recommendations?[/quote']

Mine are all stock "Gibson" tulip tuners, but Grover and Gotoh, Schaller too, make

those type, as well. The LP Deluxe and TV Yellow Faded Double Cut, have Grover's

"Rotomatics"on them.

CB

Just received my 2006 EPI LP Classic from the UPS man not 30 mins ago' date='

signature later...C'MON, CLOCK - TICK! TICK![/quote']

Cool, you can quote yourself...!!!

Pictures not as "pretty" as others, but THEY'RE MINE! MINE! MINE!

Includes "NEW" (to me) 2006 LP Classic Amber Quilt Top:

100_0190.jpg

100_0197.jpg

100_0196.jpg

100_0189.jpg

Archived