Gibson Brands Forums

My new Epihone SG G-400

EbonyLP

Yesterday I went to a guitar store I was told about that sells alot of Epiphones. I walked inside and was absolutely memorized by the huge wall of Les Pauls and SGs! After trying out a few and thinking about each one, I left with a Epiphone SG G-400 in cherry red. I took some pictures last night but right now I'm at school so I'll upload them this afternoon when I'm home.

Congrats on the new SG' date=' hope we get to see some pics! I don't have an SG and keep trying to covince myself that I don't need one, we'll see how long that last.

mgm[/quote']

Have you seen the new "autumn" SG by Gibson? I really like the looks of that guitar.

I have JS, the carved top and the colors look relly good I wonder how they play. I have played the Epi 66 reissue SG and I really liked it, the cherry finish looks good the silverburst isn't really my thing but thats me.

mgm

Looks very nice. How do you like the way it plays?

It's awesome, it sounds and plays like a dream! The neck is very fast so I can shred through metal songs. I don't know why, but I find it much easier to pick then my other guitar. Also hammer ons and bends seem more easy to pull off. The sound is sweet, gives me a great tone for the types of music I play.

Have you seen the new "autumn" SG by Gibson? I really like the looks of that guitar.

I went to the local Sam Ash today and tried one of these out, the finish looks dynomite in person and it sound great ( I plugged it into a VOX valvtr VT100 amp) the only problem like a lot of other Gibby SG's that I've play the neck is fairly chunky. If you can live with th neck profile it's a great guitar in my opinion.

mgm

I went to the local Sam Ash today and tried one of these out' date=' the finish looks dynomite in person and it sound great ( I plugged it into a VOX valvtr VT100 amp) the only problem like a lot of other Gibby SG's that I've play the neck is fairly chunky. If you can live with th neck profile it's a great guitar in my opinion.

mgm [/quote']

Recall what the asking price was? These special offerings by Gibson tend to be pricey.

Nice G-400,,they are incredibly sweet to play arent they,,,i was never an SG guy till i got my Korina G-400 which i bought initially just to match my flying V And Explorer and have a little Korina collection but it quickly turned out to be one of my favorite axes.It turned me into such an SG freak that it made me get a Prophecy GX too!Enjoy!!!

Archived