Gibson Brands Forums

Your favourite riff?

RenegadeMaster

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good call on Paperback writer! I love it when it goes up to that B octave for the Ahs and then comes back down to the E. One of the best sounding beatles records ever.

I'm not that big of a riff man but I've always loved:

Sweet Jane - Velvet Underground (nice chord riff)

Brown Sugar - Rolling Stones

You Really Got Me - Obviously!

I'm not meaning to be rude here Brad, but isn't actually not naming one of your favourite riffs and just stating you have hundreds, just like we all do, an act in futility, no one here is impressed when you say oh I have hundreds, because I think anyone here personally has 100s, its more impressive to be able to turn that into one, even if its only one you like atm :) Its no biggy to say one you like, we aren't going to judge you!

ONE OF mine is the intro to "Do You Feel Like We Do?" by Peter Frampton on the "Comes Alive" L.P., that whole vibe going on in "Aint Wasting Time No More", by the Allman Brothers,great slide stuff by Skydog...man,that tune gives me chills when I hear it.

And may I add...

One of the first licks I learned was the guitar lick to Twilight Zone... I love the sound of that guitar.

Also the Harmonics lick when I power up my Verizon cell phone..... I just had to learn that one ..LOL

I'm not meaning to be rude here Brad' date=' but isn't actually not naming one of your favourite riffs and just stating you have hundreds, just like we all do, an act in futility, [b']no one here is impressed when you say oh I have hundreds, because I think anyone here personally has 100s, its more impressive to be able to turn that into one, even if its only one you like atm :) Its no biggy to say one you like, we aren't going to judge you!
[/b]

My purpose for posting has absolutley nothing to do with being "impressive."

I couldn't care less whether members here find my post impressive or not. I also am not concerned in the least about being judged. I post because as a member I am allowed to voice my opinions. Obviously there are others who argee with me (see Matiac's post). So I think that means others share my opinion as well. So I would say I make a good point.

But you would rather say I am not "impressive."

Hope that makes you feel good.

Elvis Costello, Watching the Detectives. Unbelievably simple, because, with all due respect, Costello is a singer-songwriter first and guitarist second.

Still, that 8-note reverb drenched riff, accompanied with a bit of a waggle on his Jazzmaster's vibrato...produces that famous 'spy movie' tone...

Archived