Gibson Brands Forums

New R8

Silverbursted

WTF?

Surfer, I was on the phone with MF last night and they said they were completely sold out. They ship to Canada. I gave all my contact info and when he went to process it, the MF guy said they're out of stock and no longer available.

...and you just ordered it...something doesn't add up. eusa_think.gif

Congrats!

Sorry Tim I wasn't very clear. I ordered it several days ago they supposedly a couple coming in on backorder so I got my name in apparently before they closed the list I had a friend call later after he found out and they told him the same thing they told you that there would be no more.

Son of a...

I got an email from GC & they canceled my order. Reason being is that they ran out of product...Teabursts are no more. I called them up and b*tched...so, the good news is I'm getting a R8 in bourbounburst for $2,500 as compensation. Yeah, it's $500 more, but it's still a pretty good deal on a R8.

And to think Tim' date=' 24 hrs ago, you weren't even thinking of buying an R8. Damn this GAS, keeps you up all night. Are LPs that much more expensive in your local shops than they are south of the border or do they just not carry the good stuff?[/quote']

+1, damn this G.A.S.

List price is the same, a R8 costs $3,130 up here. I was given a *special* price of $2,900 CDN + tax...to which, I counter-offered with my midle finger.

With the CDN dollar being on par with the US, it's a good time to spend money south of the border. The savings aren't that great on a guitar costing $2,500 US...I'll save $300 as opposed to buying it up here. The R8 sale they had for $2,000...yeah, that would have been a great deal....but regardless, $300 is $300, right? $2,500 is still a pretty good price on a R8...good enough for me anyways. I was gonna buy a R8, anyways...my last guitar. [-X

Sweet Burbon Burst! You are so luckey Tim! Damn! So are the discontinuing a certain colour or something? Why do you need to have a big sale just because your nearly out of a certain guitar? They can just order a few more in?!

Yeah, I am lucky...and I don't take it for granted. The wife is understanding and (kind of) supportive. What else could a guy ask for, really?

GC said Sunrise Teaburst was discontinued by Gibson. It was the only R8 for $2,000. The other R8 colours are still full price. Why have a sale? Just to clear them out and make room for new items, I suppose? For $2,000, I thought something was wrong with the guitar, too. Like a blem or something...but they assured me there wasn't.

Yeah' date=' I am lucky...and I don't take it for granted. The wife is understanding and (kind of) supportive. What else could a guy ask for, really?[/quote']

Lucky man!

My wife is pretty cool about my guitars, especially since I only pay cash. No cash, no new guitar.

GC said Sunrise Teaburst was discontinued by Gibson.

I hate to keep pissing on GC's shoes.....

Actually, no I don't! They SUCK!

Tim, I'm glad you are able to deal with GC and you do okay, more power to you.

But if GC told me anything, I'd call Gibson to confirm it.

Seriously.

• 4 weeks later...

No SB, I don't need another reissue...............yet.

I'm getting an American Strat next. Good bang for your buck at $1,000.

That Teaburst is a nice colour, I'm surprised that we haven't had a bunch of "My new Les Paul" threads with that colour since that sale.

No SB' date=' I don't need another reissue...............yet.

I'm getting an American Strat next. Good bang for your buck at $1,000.

That Teaburst is a nice colour, I'm surprised that we haven't had a bunch of "My new Les Paul" threads with that colour since that sale.[/quote']

What color do you want the strat in? I love the aged cherry!

Neo, those are awesome, except the Tele. Sorry, I hate those things, always will.

I don't care how good they sound, but I can never get past their looks.

I once had a MIM Strat and it did nothing for me.

I had an American Strat for two days and was wow-ed by it.

except the Tele.

I don't care how good they sound' date=' but I can never get past their looks.[/quote']

I was the same way for YEARS!

I could have bought an old one CHEAP when I was a kid (late 70's) and laughed at the idea...

They always looked like something designed by Russians during the Cold War, with each part designed in a different city.

You gots yer plank of Ash cut kinda like this.... yeah, that's good enough.

Then there's this big ashtray-looking bridge that just came from the army tank factory.

Here's the switch, volume and tone control - already mounted in this metal plate from the radio factory.

Gotta have a pickguard, these are cut out of dashboard panels for Politburo limosines. Snip it, NOW it fits!

The output jack is from the switchboard down in the basement of the KGB spy headquarters.

The headstock doesn't really need a shape does it?

Screw it all together, put strings on it, and DAMN!

Sounds pretty f-ing cool!

Vodka for everybody!!!

Part of the reason I bought that one is simple vanity.

The natural Ash body is drop-dead gorgeous!

No mods, not much different than they were built 58 years ago.

Archived