Gibson Brands Forums

Cough-cough-bullschitt-cough-cough

matiac

A question from a member: Does this say Gibson anywhere on the guitar? Even an Epi LP bolt on won't go for $450. What makes you think this isa Gibson? I hope no one accidently thinks it's comparable to the $2500 Gibson Standard LP.

And the seller answered: fsfd.

What kind of answer is that?

There is one bid, but the bidder has 0 feedback and was probably created for this scam.

Too bad someone got sucked into that one. Gibson/Baldwin makes some really crappy bolt ons. I had a student that had one, it said Gibson on the headstock, but the workmanship was terrible. Sharp frets, loose jacks and pots. I fixed it several times for him. I think you can get them at Meijer, a chain in Michigan for around $200, but they defiintely aren't worth it. They are junk.

Call me weird if you like, but I'd like to get one for experimentation purposes, I kinda like the wraparound thing their doing with the bridge, totally redo the guitar. But 400 bucks for one is rather steep, I'll flip him 75 bucks and tell him he's getting the better deal. Are those arched tops or no?

i'm almost 100% sure that's not gibson' date=' but wow that would be a good deal if it was[/quote']

Gibson/Baldwin is an entry-level brand, very similar to Maestro. Although I have not seen the guitar in question myself, I would guess that it is a cheaper-yet version of the Epi Les Paul 100:

http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=42&CollectionID=6

The Epi is constructed of "mahogany", whereas the Gibson/Baldwin Signature Les Paul has a "maple" neck and body. Some people claim it's solid, while others claim it is plywood with a maple cap: :-k

http://www.nextag.co.uk/Gibson-Baldwin-Music-Education-1528008903/uk/prices-html

Too bad someone got sucked into that one. Gibson/Baldwin makes some really crappy bolt ons. I had a student that had one' date=' it said Gibson on the headstock, but the workmanship was terrible. Sharp frets, loose jacks and pots. I fixed it several times for him. I think you can get them at Meijer, a chain in Michigan for around $200, but they defiintely aren't worth it. They are junk.[/quote']Yeah! Someone just got HOSED for like $250 bucks!

If you think about it, they are kind of worth it ($160), because you also get an amp, strap, instructional DVD, picks, and strings. You also have to remember, they were designed/aimed at kids, who will probably just let them sit around and rot while there busy learning how to play Guitar Hero, so their parents won't be TOO upset.

Yeah! Someone just got HOSED for like $250 bucks!

If you think about it' date=' they are kind of worth it ($160), because you also get an amp, strap, instructional DVD, picks, and strings. You also have to remember, they were designed/aimed at kids, who will probably just let them sit around and rot while there busy learning how to play Guitar Hero, so their parents won't be TOO upset.

[/quote']

Looks to me like the winning bid was $400.

Ouch.

It's going to be a painful delivery day for some unsuspecting bloke.

Looks to me like the winning bid was $400.

Ouch.

It's going to be a painful delivery day for some unsuspecting bloke.

Yeah, I've got a bit of sympathy for the buyer...but seriously, provided he could download the photos he had to see what he was getting himself into.

Yeah' date=' I've got a bit of sympathy for the buyer...but seriously, provided he could download the photos he had to see what he was getting himself into.

[/quote']Yeah, but ANYONE can tell the difference between a Gibson (set-neck) and this POS (bolt-on), so in reading the description and seeing the pics, he should have been able to put two and two together. Well? Hopefully he will learn his lesson.

It's quite possible the winning bidder was the owner. There's a lot of shill bidding on E-bay' date=' and he/she may have been trying to scare up some last-minute interest or at least keeping it from getting bought for $10.[/quote']

One can only hope that is what happened.

Archived