Gibson Brands Forums

Wadda ya think?

smips65

:-s :-s :-s

Alrighty then, I want in with the inner circle of all the Les Paul owners here. Found this one locally, and after all

the material and advice abound on this forum, decided to put a deposit down on this type.

lpcustom3.jpg

http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=48&CollectionID=6

This is the one I'm holding.....

vrkf81lbd0uv9eliecs5a.png

This is the verbage from the store that is selling it.

The Epiphone Les Paul Custom 3 Plus is rather special. It's a Les Paul Custom with three Alnico Classic pickups, a flame maple top and black chrome hardware, giving it a dark, modern look. It is based on the original Les Paul design, a part of rock history since 1954, with powerful tone and prolonged sustain. Superb craftmanship produces the highest level of elegance and beauty in the Les Paul family. The Epiphone Les Paul Custom 3 Plus has a mahogany and alder body with flame maple top and a set mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard. The rounded neck shape is fast and comfortable while the block inlays, split diamond headstock inlay, Grover tuners, body/neck/headstock binding, tune-o-matic bridge and StopBar tailpiece make this guitar a comfort to play and watch.

On this Limited Edition, three Alnico Classic pickups, with two volume, two tone and 3 Way switch controls, deliver more bite than the standard covered pickups, yet it is still flexible across many styles. The Epiphone Les Paul Custom 3 Plus provides the tone and the look that inspires musicians.

FEATURES:

•Limited edition (ONLY 500 MADE!!)

•Translucent black finish

•3 open-coil humbuckers

•Black hardware

•Mahogany body

•Flamed maple top

•Set mahogany neck

•Rosewood fingerboard

•Block fingerboard inlays

•Body, neck, and headstock binding

•2 volume and 2 tone controls

•3-way pickup toggle

So give me some ideas, advice, input....

It's an Unsung Korean, August 2005, unit #2295

They originally had it listed for $750.00, I've brow-beat them down to $500/with case.

Have $250.00 down, with another $250 owed. 14 days to decide.

Thanks...............[cool]

So give me some ideas' date=' advice, input....

They originally had it listed for $750.00, I've brow-beat them down to $500/with case.

[/quote']

That was one of the Guitar of the Month program Epi did in 2005:

Guitar of the Month 2005

[biggrin]:-s :-s

Alrighty then' date=' I want in with the inner circle of all the Les Paul owners here. Found this one locally, and after all

the material and advice abound on this forum, decided to put a deposit down on this type.

[img']http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4361/lpcustom3.jpg[/img]

http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=48&CollectionID=6

This is the one I'm holding.....

vrkf81lbd0uv9eliecs5a.png

This is the verbage from the store that is selling it.

The Epiphone Les Paul Custom 3 Plus is rather special. It's a Les Paul Custom with three Alnico Classic pickups, a flame maple top and black chrome hardware, giving it a dark, modern look. It is based on the original Les Paul design, a part of rock history since 1954, with powerful tone and prolonged sustain. Superb craftmanship produces the highest level of elegance and beauty in the Les Paul family. The Epiphone Les Paul Custom 3 Plus has a mahogany and alder body with flame maple top and a set mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard. The rounded neck shape is fast and comfortable while the block inlays, split diamond headstock inlay, Grover tuners, body/neck/headstock binding, tune-o-matic bridge and StopBar tailpiece make this guitar a comfort to play and watch.

On this Limited Edition, three Alnico Classic pickups, with two volume, two tone and 3 Way switch controls, deliver more bite than the standard covered pickups, yet it is still flexible across many styles. The Epiphone Les Paul Custom 3 Plus provides the tone and the look that inspires musicians.

FEATURES:

•Limited edition (ONLY 500 MADE!!)

•Translucent black finish

•3 open-coil humbuckers

•Black hardware

•Mahogany body

•Flamed maple top

•Set mahogany neck

•Rosewood fingerboard

•Block fingerboard inlays

•Body, neck, and headstock binding

•2 volume and 2 tone controls

•3-way pickup toggle

So give me some ideas, advice, input....

Thanks...............:-$

$500 W/Case ?? Are you nuts? GET IT ALREADY !

I Honestly feel that the Limited Edition Eppys are truly Great Guitars. It is always cool to own a guitar that 3000 other folks don't own. Plus I truly feel Epiphone puts some extra workmanship in their LE Models. I would say if you like it and it feels good - Go for it! - Its a Beauty! Ken

I was in my local Guitar shop this morning and saw a LE SG 400 in Autunm burst that was stunning. If I had a little extra cash I would have bought it Good Luck.

Is the guitar new or used?

Looking at the GOTM link it looks, finish wise, to be a bit of a fore runner for the Prophecy series. If you like that type of finish then why not pay a little more for a nice brand new Prophecy LP GX. For me, I'd rather have two Gibson Dirty Fingers pickups than three Epi Alnico ones. I'm also not particularly a fan of 3 x HB guitars as I can't see much point in the extra pickup (unless you're Ace Frehley and want to swap one for a smoke bomb!)

So, if your question is "Should I get the Les Paul?"; then my answer is "Most definitely". But if you're asking "Should I get that particular Les Paul" then my answer is "If it's new, then maybe; but does it meet the requirements you have of it?"

[biggrin]

It is used.

The 3rd pup is a puzzler for me, it only has 2 volumn/tone, and 3 setting switch, rather than 5, like a fender.

So, mod it later, so I have control over all 3...

Leave it stock, resale value...

Dunno

That's why I'm taking my time.

I like the way it plays, and sounds, as experienced as my ear is to this type of playing/sound is concerned.

Seemed to me to be a good blues git, just limited in options with controls.

I read a comment on another thread here suggesting that without the ability to control the pups independently, the guitar lacks somewhat.

That said, it is somewhat unique, it has some character.

I think that's a fantastic looking guitar. That finish with 3 open coil pickups just looks amazing. I'm not a fan of black hardware though, so that'd all be changed to chrome/nickel if I was to buy one. And some SD Alnico II Pros!

$500 W/Case ?? Are you nuts? GET IT ALREADY !

[blink]

I trust you guys' date=' majority calls for buy it, so this tuesday I'll get it.

If I don't really like it later, one of you will want it. We'll keep it in the family.

[cool

thanks for the views, advice, and votes.

[-(

The 3rd pup is a puzzler for me' date= it only has 2 volumn/tone, and 3 setting switch, rather than 5, like a fender.

So, mod it later, so I have control over all 3...

[/quote]

99% chance it has 3 Volumes and Master tone. That's how the 3 pup guitars are usually...

Archived