Gibson Brands Forums

dot deluxe or sheri?

:-

Not absolutely sure, but the sheri comes with Epi pups,

I do know for sure that, (recently) Dot Deluxe's come stock with Gibson Classic 57's.

You'd have to check with the seller, and find out what pups are in that Dot. Great price if it has the 57's.

Dot/Sheraton - same pickups, as with nearly all humbucker Epis, with the only difference being the hotter bridge pickup found on LPs, G400s, Dot Studio, some others. So, we're talking 2 pickup models possible. I don't think any Epis come with Gibson buckers, although the Elitists came with pickups that many believe to be the same thing with a different designation.

[blush]

Not absolutely sure' date=' but the sheri comes with Epi pups,

I do know for sure that, (recently) Dot Deluxe's come stock with Gibson Classic 57's.

You'd have to check with the seller, and find out what pups are in that Dot. Great price if it has the 57's.

[/quote']

The Dot Deluxes didn't have Gibson 57 Classics but rather epiphone's version of those pickups called

" '57 Classic Alnico humbuckers". Says nothing about them being Gibson in the specs, where as the Tribute LP that does have Gibby pickups lists them as "# Gibson USA '57 Classic neck humbucker (4-wire)

# Gibson USA '57 Classic Plus bridge humbucker (4-wire)" in the specs.

The Dot Deluxes didn't have Gibson 57 Classics but rather epiphone's version of those pickups called

" '57 Classic Alnico humbuckers". Says nothing about them being Gibson in the specs' date=' where as the Tribute LP that does have Gibby pickups lists them as "# Gibson USA '57 Classic neck humbucker (4-wire)

# Gibson USA '57 Classic Plus bridge humbucker (4-wire)" in the specs.[/quote']

1000247f.jpg

These limited edition Dot Deluxe's Have Gibson pups.

Sorry' date=' that's a labelling mistake made by the store.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Dot-Deluxe-Flametop-SemiHollowbody-Electric-Guitar?sku=512456

Unfortunately, Epiphone rarely documents the so-called Limited Editions on their website product pages. Considering that Gibson pickups retail for over $100 [i']each[/i], do you really think they are in a Dot that sells for $400.

But don't take it from me - email Gibson Customer Service and ask them.

Nope that is a misprint. I see you own a Dot deluxe, pull the pickups and I'm pretty sure they will say Epiphone on the back of them.

check the specs here on MF:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Dot-Deluxe-Flametop-SemiHollowbody-Electric-Guitar?sku=512456

I have played one and they definitely don't have the classics in them. They sound like regular ol' Epi Buckers to me.

I emailed Gibson and asked them what pickups are on the LE Dot Deluxe. This is what they said:

"This model comes with Epiphone Alnico Classic humbuckers."

So there's the truly official and authoritative answer.

I was having a hard time believing that Epi would put a $200+ set of pickups in a $400 guitar.

As far as the Epi pickups, I personally didn't care for them. The neck pickup was too muddy for me and the bridge was too bright and brittle sounding. Some guys absolutely love them. I pulled them in my Dot and Sherry, along with all the other parts and wiring and replaced everything. I put a set of GFS Vintage 59s in both and I absolutely love them now. I thought about putting a set of Gibson '57 Classics in it, but decided I didn't want to invest that much in either guitar.

New To Strats wrote:

I emailed Gibson and asked them what pickups are on the LE Dot Deluxe. This is what they said:

"This model comes with Epiphone Alnico Classic humbuckers."

So there's the truly official and authoritative answer.

I mailed Gibson also and they came back saying they are Gibson 57's that come with the Dot Deluxe.........[biggrin]

any thoughts?

-Chris,

Archived