Gibson Brands Forums

gibson won't give out prodution details?

S t e v e

hi all, i emailed gibson customer service with just a general enquiry about my gary moore les paul...

i also asked how many were made as it was a limited run so just out of interest i wanted to know...i got the reply below [huh]

Hi Steve,

The serial refers to a guitar Les Paul Gary Moore Signature in Lemmon burst finish, nickel finish, made in 2000 (223th day) in Nashville US. The guitar was part of the current production on this year, and unfortunately we don’t have available information about production totals as these are seen as Gibson property.

Best regards,

Marcelo Pineda

Customer Service

"seen as gibson property" ? [angry]

There's one on ebay at the moment (or at least there was 2 days ago...)

i saw one on there about 3 months ago and it went for £1500, i gotta say that even though i'm a moore fanboy...the guitar is killer, and unless you have played one don't pass judgement on it [smile]

ever played one pippy?

i saw one on there about 3 months ago and it went for £1500, i gotta say that even though i'm a moore fanboy...the guitar is killer, and unless you have played one don't pass judgement on it [smile]

ever played one pippy?

Sadly, I've never had the pleasure. I'd love to try one out.

I'm sure it's a great guitar and I admit to having been an admirer of GM ever since he (re-?) joined T-L after Robbo 'retired' (between Robertson and Gorham I preferred the former).

Perhaps you, flight and I could meet up for a blast sometime and savour each others axes?! You do live in London, I believe? (and did you manage to meet up at the G'N'R tribute gig whilst I was away?).

I've tried three of flight's LP's - he only lives a few miles away - and he tried out my three. It was very interesting to see and hear just how different they all were. Next time he's promised to let me try out his Goddess. Apparently everyone who plays it comes away a convert!

Educational.

well where the bloody hell are they then! [laugh]

[wink]

Most people hold on to them Steve [tongue]

I've played one, my best friend had one. They rock, he sold it because he didn't want it anymore. He didn't tell me that he was even selling it , I was upset about that. It sang [biggrin]

hi all, i emailed gibson customer service with just a general enquiry about my gary moore les paul...

i also asked how many were made as it was a limited run so just out of interest i wanted to know...i got the reply below [huh]

Hi Steve,

The serial refers to a guitar Les Paul Gary Moore Signature in Lemmon burst finish, nickel finish, made in 2000 (223th day) in Nashville US. The guitar was part of the current production on this year, and unfortunately we don’t have available information about production totals as these are seen as Gibson property.

Best regards,

Marcelo Pineda

Customer Service

"seen as gibson property" ? [angry]

I hate the snooty attitude as well. Its not like its breaking national security codes.

I tried to get a white EDS 1275 (doubleneck) a few years back. My local music shop said they could get me one, but they said it could

be up to a year wait.

I called Gibson, and even they couldnt even give me a ballpark figure. How lame is that?.... I had the cash, yes CASH sitting here waiting

for some type of sign....nothing.

They lost a sale because of bad customer service and terrible people skills.

I hate the snooty attitude as well. Its not like its breaking national security codes.

I tried to get a white EDS 1275 (doubleneck) a few years back. My local music shop said they could get me one, but they said it could

be up to a year wait.

I called Gibson, and even they couldnt even give me a ballpark figure. How lame is that?.... I had the cash, yes CASH sitting here waiting

for some type of sign....nothing.

They lost a sale because of bad customer service and terrible people skills.

like this you mean?

My link

I suspect that they don't give out production number because when you call something "Limited Edition" and then produce over 1,000 of whatever guitar it is, it's really not all that limited. Okay, if you compare a run of 1,000 of a given model guitar to, say, Les Paul Studios, it's a lot less but still not really "Limited."

I played a Gary Moore a couple years ago.

I always saw them as an awfully pricey Studio....

[cursing][scared][flapper][biggrin]

Gibson is a privately held corporation.

Other than public tax records covering the ENTIRE business, they are required to disclose nothing.

If it was my company (look out Henry...) I wouldn't do it much differently.

Of course, I wouldn't market something as a limited edition and then refuse to disclose how limited.

Oh, and the EDS-1275 is a treat.

Mine is a 2006, I wouldn't trade it for the world - or an overpriced JP signature.

I played a Gary Moore a couple years ago.

I always saw them as an awfully pricey Studio....

[cursing][scared][flapper][biggrin]

are studio's weight relieved or chambered?...the GM is a good old fashioned slab of south american solid mahogany [biggrin]

Archived