Gibson Brands Forums

Bands that never relased a bad album?

dem00n

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first band that popped into my head was Primus. I don't think there are any Primus albums that I dislike. I could definitely think of some more bands with a spotless (IMHO) discography, but my chamomile tea is kicking in and I'm getting lazy.

Continuing the "Derek and the Dominos" theme I'd nominate "John Mayall's Bluesbreakers Featuring Eric Clapton".

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac.

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.

Joni Mitchell.

10,000 Maniacs.

Simon & Garfunkel.

I'm considering withdrawing them as a suggestion, I forgot about 'Bedlam Ballroom'. They just weren't the same after Maxwell and Mosher left.

I didn't know they went on without them. I'll have to give that one a listen, can't be as authentic, though.

Really? I think they haven't done anything of note since Fully Completely...i stopped buying their stuff after that next one...I forget what it was called but i really didn't like it.

Hm, then I highly recommend you to listen well to 'Day for night', 'Trouble at the henhouse' and to a lesser extend 'Phantom Power'. Best TH albums remain without doubt 'Road Apples' and 'Fully Completely' but the ones mentionned come very close... [blink]

Well, then I highly recommend you to listen and buy 'Day for night', 'Trouble at the henhouse' and to a lesser extend 'Phantom Power'. Best TH albums remain without doubt 'Road Apples' and 'Fully Completely' but the ones mentionned come very close... [blink]

I guess that's just different tastes right there...i feel like they stepped away from ROCKIN after Fully Completely and got all broody and folky...just didn't like the mood of those albums.

I have listened to them all front to back several times but nothing after Fully Completely has done it for me at all. I do know that tons of people (Mostly Canadians) LOVE everything this band does so I respect your opinion on the matter....I just happen to disagree.

Do you like Gord's solo work? I haven't listened to any yet since i figure the direction of the band was Gord's domain anyway...

I guess that's just different tastes right there...i feel like they stepped away from ROCKIN after Fully Completely and got all broody and folky...just didn't like the mood of those albums.

I have listened to them all front to back several times but nothing after Fully Completely has done it for me at all. I do know that tons of people (Mostly Canadians) LOVE everything this band does so I respect your opinion on the matter....I just happen to disagree.

Do you like Gord's solo work? I haven't listened to any yet since i figure the direction of the band was Gord's domain anyway...

You're absolutely right when you say they became more folky after 'Fully Completely'...but the few songs that rocked were more agressive and harder than the music of their early days. I'll let you taste "700 Ft.ceiling". I haven't heard anything of Gordon's solo work, maybe I was to much hooked by the Hip...I will search for it :-k Thx for the tip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iIo_tW09RQ

You're absolutely right when you say they became more folky after 'Fully Completely'...but the few songs that rocked were more agressive and harder than the music of their early days. I'll let you taste "700 Ft.ceiling".

Hehe i've heard that one for sure...i'm in Toronto which is overflowing with Hip fans remember hehehe....yeah definitely a little heavier/rockinger than some of their old stuff but its not something i would just put on to listen to, ya know?

LEt me know what you think of Gord's stuff...i think he just released an album this year...

Archived