Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone here play guitar?

ShredAstaire

Here's my latest song...I've shared it with a few of you already and i wasn't gonna post it but I have been told that some of you may like it. Some of you may hate it, but thats cool too!

http://www.box.net/shared/2fo725kcvm

I did a version with vocals (Lord knows I tried!) but yeah...vocals are not my thing. :) But i did throw in a solo which is unusual for me. :)

Enjoy...or don't....and if you got a new track, post the crap out of it!! I SEE your guitars all the time, but i don't get to hear them very often!

Thanks lashurst!

I'm 34 and self taught...i'm a better live player than recorded (i get nervous even by myself and get too stiff sometimes)...i'm not an overly confident player so I get your feedback fully.

Thats my Fender American Special Tele through an RP500 pedal and direct into my Mac Pro. I use a Dunlop Jazz III pick (the little pointy ones)...the strings are the ones that came with the guitar - its still pretty new but yeah, I should change em soon!

Bill...i dunno how i feel about posting the vocal version....i'm not as big of a fan as you are lol!!! Let me marinade on that for a bit but thank you.

Pretty tight, I thought. Did you write and play all the parts yourself? I think I heard 3 guitars and a bass? Hard to be quite sure in the high-gain genre - harmony parts tend to blend together. [thumbup]

Thanks - yeah i wrote and played the guitars and bass and programmed the drums.

Its 2 guitar parts (each is double tracked though) and a bassline...i toyed with the idea of bringing down the gain but the riffs didn't have the same punch, ya know?

Thanks for listening you guys!!

Badass as usual. I like the one with the vocal too. You should post it

LOL! Fine....guys...take it with a grain of salt. This is my FIRST attempt at writing lyrics and singing...i'm not happy with the chorus - a little too "nu metal" or something for me....might work on that...

Aw **** this is nerve wracking!!

http://www.box.net/shared/r37fvgb1jq

If i remember correctly, the arrangement is a little different....i like the newer ending better (instrumental version)...

*cringe*

I like it Shred, with a little more production those vocals would sound great. You did a real good job.

I envy you in a good kind of way.

I am in recording purgatory, 3 songs and can't seem to lay down a single good track, just not feeling it

Archived