Gibson Brands Forums

Your Friday Night Zappa Fix

Californiaman

Pretty gnarly.

To be honest I've always thought Zappa's singing was kindof stupid but I think his guitar skills and composing skills definately made up for it.

That song definately has a pretty badass riff.

I disregarded Frank as well for a long time as I thought it was all some comedy routine.........once I looked into it......I was blown away by his playing.

He was a meticulous guitarist and was known to actually stop a live song and start over if it was not right........

this video has been in my favorites on youtube for a long time...I laughed and smiled when i saw it posted...Zappa was a misunderstood genius, and was an absolute amazing musician. His solo in that song really inspired me... Gotta love Zappa [thumbup]

ZAPPA Here another of my favorite songs by Zappa.

I think he's a great musician and I like him. I think his vocals are very melodic and well composed but I've never liked his voice or lyrics. That's all.

By the way I have this

photo-75.jpg

photo-76.jpg

Anyone know if it's any good? I've never listened to it.

I like it. I can say that I own it but it's been a while since I've played it. Vinyl you know.

I think he's a great musician and I like him. I think his vocals are very melodic and well composed but I've never liked his voice or lyrics. That's all.

By the way I have this

photo-75.jpg

photo-76.jpg

Anyone know if it's any good? I've never listened to it.

I like it. I can say that I own it but it's been a while since I've played it. Vinyl you know.

By the way... here's how to do Zappa the right way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmYbHYslZiM&feature=related

Archived