Gibson Brands Forums

Happy Chuseok everyone!

EVOL!

Ah yes. Happy Chuseok indeed.

And let's not forget the Korean contributions to the guitar industry - here's a couple -

Shine Guitars - Saein Musical Instrument Company established 1991 - 100 employees, and their monthly capacity is 4,500pcs still growing to expand. With factories in China, they are also an OEM vendor for Ibanez, Epiphone and Peavey.

Cort Guitars - One of the largest guitar makers in the world, and produces instruments for many other companies.

Well...

Bulgogi for sure. Or Kalbi.

Not much kimchi for me, though.

The secret to "Korean food" has to be toasted sesame oil, though. Not just any sesame oil, but toasted sesame oil.

Korean food is kinda like American food in that I found it to be pretty regional in the 80s, although I s'pose like American food, regionalism is lessening.

Soju, yes... Gangnung used to have some pretty good stuff. It's sneaky, though.

m

Well...

Bulgogi for sure. Or Kalbi.

The secret to "Korean food" has to be toasted sesame oil, though. Not just any sesame oil, but toasted sesame oil.

Korean food is kinda like American food in that I found it to be pretty regional in the 80s, although I s'pose like American food, regionalism is lessening.

Soju, yes... Gangnung used to have some pretty good stuff. It's sneaky, though.

m

Just stay away from the kegogi...

word! Nothing better than a steaming plate of japchae. That sesame oil hits your palate and you are in heaven.

I am disappointed, brother. Maybe you haven't had good kimchi? My wife takes the fermented kind and pan fries it with bacon and a little toasted sesame oil. Man, it is so good.

"Happy Chuseok everyone!"

I have to wish my wife "happy chuseok" and show her this thread, she was born in Pusan.

She's the best thing Korea ever exported to the U.S. Well she wasn't really exported by Korea, rather imported by an American family. Anyway, she's the best thing I have that was "made In Korea" for sure.

"Happy Chuseok everyone!"

I have to wish my wife "happy chuseok" and show her this thread, she was born in Pusan.

She's the best thing Korea ever exported to the U.S. Well she wasn't really exported by Korea, rather imported by an American family. Anyway, she's the best thing I have that was "made In Korea" for sure.

Sorry, my wife wins the Korean export prize. No offense to your wife. I am sure she is very beautiful. Mine's from Taegu. A true country bumpkin (ask your wife about country accents). And I have been to Pusan. Very fascinating city. It's a really old city and for an American that is awe inspiring, like when I saw the Temple Athena in Athens. The best part is how the fog rolls into the bay in the morning. Very noir. Fish markets all around too. Great food.

Archived